XV. Duplicity-Part V.

Jun watched as a young woman came out of the door.

She wore a simple white dress that had various flowers embroidered on it. A red cloth belt was tied around her waist along with an apron that covered only the bottom half of her dress.

He was in awe to see that her hair was an exotic strawberry blonde color which he had never knew was possible. Her long hair was partially covered by a headscarf that she wore on her head and was wrapped around her neck a few times.

Bright green eyes like her mothers, but not as intense, looked at him.

But something made Jun uneasy about her, along with everyone else in this town he'd seen so far, is the thick metal circle with an X in it.

The necklace could be seen draped around her neck among her wavy, strawberry blonde strands.

"Me daughter, as ya see here, will quickly sew yer tunic up and get rid of blood stains."

Jun quickly looked away from who he guessed to be named Anabieta and back at the burly bar woman.

"How much do I need to pay you?"

"If ya put hands on me daughter ya do not need to worry about pay," the woman threatened, taking a long drag from her cigar.

Jun gave her a trepidatious smile as he tried to suppress a nervous laugh.

"Ah why thank you madame. You are too kind for offering me this service," Jun said with as much respect as he could muster towards this woman while he did a small bow.

As much as he didn't want to show her any respect, as he didn't think she deserved it, he still did it so he wouldn't lose anymore face than he already has.

"Yeah yeah, save yer kowtowing for someone else," she said as she waved her hand for Jun to leave her presence.

Jun clenched his jaw tightly while he stood up from his bow and walked over to Anabieta.

She gave him a small smile as she walked through the door. Jun followed her and found that the door led him into a small, robust kitchen of sorts. His nose was assaulted with various new and foreign smells from the food that was cooking on the stove or being hung from the wooden ceiling.

Various herbs, mushrooms, leaves, and even flowers were hanging as they dried. Huge chunks of raw meat could be seen on a wooden chopping board that was on top of an island in the middle of the kitchen.

The large large knife embedded in the meat made Jun a little uncomfortable as he made his way through the kitchen.

Suddenly Anabieta stopped and he watched as she pulled out a wooden stool from near the wall and towards him. She gestured for him to sit down on it with which he did as he was told.

As he waited he looked down at his injured arm and realized that it actually was worse than he thought. There were huge tears in his tunic's sleeve from when the huge tiger had injured him. Along with most of the sleeve being stained with blood.

Jun didn't know who bandaged his arm but he knew it had to have been done when he was unconscious.

Come to think of it, Jun didn't realize up until now that he's actually felt more tired than he usually did. His mind wandered to when he killed the tiger.

It came to him.

He must've used enough of his tama that he now had a low amount coursing through his body.

This was bad.

Real bad.

Tama is regained when you either meditate or do meditative motions.