XI. Duplicity-Part I.

Jun slowly got up from his seat and turned around.

As he did so, he noticed that the forest that surrounded the river was getting less dense and more grass and flowers could be seen.

But then as his gaze wandered up he felt a wave of chills be sent down through his body.

The Grand Wall of the East was extremely tall, taller than what Jun had imagined.

Clouds could be seen near the top of it, the wall barely taller than the height of the clouds. Bricks were laid neatly throughout it's walls which looked weathered and ancient. Stairs and walkways could be seen on the side of the wall where guards patrolled them.

The guards wore light traditional Eastern armor and held long bows in their hands. Various swords could also be seen on each of the guards' bodies, held on with leather harnesses.

Instead of wearing helmets they wore their long hair tied up high on their heads. With the length of their hair flowing in the breeze along with the red ribbons in them.

Suddenly their boat stopped in the water while the waters of the stream continued to flow. Jun looked up at the banks of the river to see a brick bridge that looked down over the river.

He saw a guard extending his arm at their boat. Various symbols and swirls of bright golden light slowly revolved around his hand.

Jun couldn't read the characters at all.

Though he could tell that the guard was using yintama.

Yintama was the power that someone's tama could create. Not all yintama had symbols or was based purely off of the power of their innate tama.

As Jun has heard of people who could manipulate, even create, fire and was able to because of their tama.

But there has been no known yintama users that have been able to have multiple powers. Just one. Even the Immortals themselves could wield only one power.

Though the cosmic and first gods were the exception to that.

Jun guessed that the guard was using his powers to stop their boat from moving.

"What is your purpose for coming to the entrance of The Grand Wall?"

Jun heard an authoritative voice ask in Common.

He looked to his right to see wooden docks near their boat that connected to the bank.

A guard with long flowing, dark brown hair that was tied up was looking down at the two of them. He wore armored plates over a somewhat thick shirt and pants. He held a long bow along with three long swords holstered on his back.

Jun didn't know why, but he felt intimidated by the guards looking down at them.

"We're just going to sell some fruit in Vosorod," Misaki answered calmly. Jun then remembered that she often made trips down here for the exact purpose she just stated.

He then saw as the guard's intense stare softened a little, but it still was very intimidating.

"Miss Kimura, it is a pleasure to see you again." His eyes then drifted over at Jun. "But who is this in your boat?"

"He is Jun Li. He is also going to Vosorod," Misaki explained calmly as she put her hand on Jun's shoulder, causing him to flinch slightly.

Jun watched as the guard crossed his arms and squinted at him. A few moments of tense silence pasted before the guard spoke again.

"Why is he wearing a bow? And why is his left arm wrapped with bloody bandages?" he inquired, a newfound icy stare felt like it was penetrating through Jun.