II. Peculiar Client-Part II.

It was currently late in the evening and a soft, cool breeze blew in the spring air.

Jun wore his cream sweater over his white tunic and black pants. An sat across from him in a long black overcoat.

He had taken Jun to one of the local restaurants that was over the water like much of the town that they were currently in which was called Nuoach Bay.

It had gotten its name from the mountainous terrain from the Huazan Mountain Range and the types of trees that covered the land.

The trees had amber colored leaves that could be seen from spring to fall. In the wintertime the leaves would turn into a dark bronze color.

Nuoach Bay was the busiest port city of the Mang Kingdom that was situated below the Huaza Kingdom.

Even though it was very busy year round, it was actually pretty peaceful during the nighttime. The small transport boats that carried goods for export and import into the city could be seen lazily traveling across the calm waters of the bay.

Most of the housing and buildings of the town were situated on docks and tilts on the water. With wooden docks acting like roads that connected everything. Lanterns lit up the docks and houses along with blue colored waterflies dancing throughout the air.

Waterflies were small insects that flew and glowed in the dark. They came out at night and would fly around. Lighting up the night, looking like small balls of blue light.

Jun took in the scenery of the water, mountains, and everything else around him as he waited for their food.

The stars and purplish galaxy could be seen in the night sky. Looking like a beautiful painting of sorts, speckled with the blue glow of waterflies.

He had only lived in the Mang Kingdom for a year.

Jun had moved from the kingdom he had grown up in when he had turned eighteen years old because of the political unrest and the corrupt stratocracy that ran it. His escape was all a blur to him.

From screams of people to fires burning in the distance.

He had left his family without them knowing. But like they cared about him or would even remotely accept the new life he had chosen.

Being a male prostitute.

As far as Jun was concerned, the entirety of the Lands was against same sex relationships.

Whether it be illegal, punishable by death, or just frowned upon. Though the last situation was quite rare to encounter and would most likely be found in extremely small villages.

Even though prostitutes had a stigma about them they were pretty common.

Though they were mainly women. Male prostitutes were extremely rare to encounter and often used derogatorily because of men usually being connected with heroism and masculinity. Anyone who was openly gay or did something of the like were often pilloried.

Prostitutes of both genders could often be found in specialized buildings dedicated to this line of work.

These buildings were called brothels in the West. While in the East they were often called teahouses, though brothels were used infrequently.

He hasn't worked in any type of those establishments because it was illegal for those types of buildings to exist in the Mang Kingdom.

Opting to just work independently and offer services to people who were interested on the downlow.

Jun guessed it was a way for these types of services to be easily found and be regulated. Though prostitution was extremely far from being regulated in the slightest.