XLIV. Bitterness-Part I.

Jun rested his cheek on his hand as the woman bandaged his wounded arm up.

He winced as she pulled the bandages firmly around. They were both back at The Alpine Pub.

Most of the peasants and women were outside putting out the rest of the fires that were roaring in the town. While most of the men were in the pub celebrating the death of the Vronymaja.

Arkshan had shown the massive severed head of the wyvern to Vash and Koya. They haggled for a long time on the amount of money that Arkshan was to be given.

As St. Tóflin was pretty damaged from the fight. Along with the burnt fields and gigantic crater in the distance that still had the decapitated corpse of the Vronymaja in it.

Eventually Arkshan was able to get one and three forths of the original price of the bounty. Jun still wondered how deep his pockets were as all the money fit in perfectly.

"So t'Harbinger killed Vronymaja?" One patron shouted in the pub.

The smell of alcohol and must was even heavier as everyone was celebrating.

"'N' Prizchy?"

"Oi oi oi!" Koya shouted, clanking his tall mug a he stood up.

The pub quieted down as all eyes were on him.

"We have guest." Koya then pointed over at Jun.

Jun felt a wave of panic come over him as all eyes were on him. Except Arkshan's.

"Mage From Unknown Lands!"

The pub stayed in silence, wondering what was so special about him.

"He burnt t'Vronymaja to crisp!" Vash shouted as he raised his mug high.

"With power of Heavens! Lightning!" Koya added loudly as he put his arm around Vash's shoulder.

The pub suddenly burst out in thunderous cheer. Raising their mugs high and chanting. Jun looked over at Arkshan in a panic. But the half-dragon continued to just stare in front of him. Not looking at anybody.

His hands and jaw clenched tightly.

"What's 'is name?!" Someone shouted out.

"Tell them!" Koya said excitedly to Jun as he went next to him.

Jun heard the loud thumping of his heart in his ears. He looked to see all eyes still on him. Everyone waiting to hear his name. He didn't want to be known throughout the West.

Jun just wanted to go back to the East being a prostitute. Something familiar.

He didn't want to face the unknown of what the West was. Not anymore.

"J-Jun..." His voice sounded like a squeaking little mouse compared to the patrons. He watched as the patrons' eyes ogle at him

"Powerful maiden we have!" Was shouted through the uncomfortable silence.

"What's yer last name?!"

"She'll have mine!" A small brawl started breaking out in a corner of the pub. Fighting on who was going to take Jun's hand in marriage.

"Hmm, what is your last name though?" Koya asked as he put an arm around Jun's shoulder.

"I'm a man." Jun stated bluntly as he turned his head away. He heard as Koya laughed loudly, the alcohol strong on his breath.

"You don't need t'lie. Northern women are strong!"

Jun sighed as he felt the women finish bandaging up his arm. Steam was flowing out of Arkshan's nose heavily while he downed his mug of spirits.