VII. Naivety-Part III.

Jun tried not to cough too much at the thick smoke in the room.

He softly played with Somkai's hair whose head rested in his lap.

Somkai had brought him into some small venue where people lounged on table-like chairs, blankets on the floor, or chaise lounges which was what they laid on.

The first thing that Jun noticed when he entered his shady looking place was that all the people had pipes of sorts which they held over a tray.

Upon closer inspection, Jun saw that there was a small candle-like thing that burned on the tray and strange small trinkets as well. The people would hover the end of their pipes over the small flame and then take a drag and blow out smoke.

This smoke smelled strange to Jun, it didn't smell burnt like that of fires or incense. It actually had an odd sweet smell to it.

The scene that he was in reminded him of those in his history books from school which he could vaguely remember.

How it read that there used to be places that were described very similarly to the place that he was in.

They were called dens, or something of the like, but were eventually banned a few years before he was born. Though they were pretty common throughout the East and parts of the West.

Suddenly Jun felt Somkai's arm around his waist tighten while Somkai moved his head up closer to his. The smell of sweet smoke was very pungent as his face closed the rest of space between them.

The taste that Somkai had was exactly that of what the smoke smelled like. Jun guessed that this was what he was tasting back when they were in the alleyway.

Somkai then blew some of the smoke into his mouth which caused him to jolt away and cough. He saw him smirk as he began to kiss from his jawline down his neck.

Jun looked around the room and noticed that everyone was so sedated looking that they didn't even notice, or care, on what him and Somkai were doing.

He felt lightheaded from inhaling the sweet smoke. The room felt as thought it was slightly moving as Somkai continued to kiss his body. Somkai's hand moved lower down his back which caused a small moan to come out of Jun's mouth.

This surprised Jun. He felt like just that small inhalation of smoke had a noticeable effect on him. As he felt Somkai pull him into another kiss he felt the daze start to wear off a bit.

Jun moved his hands down his chest, slowing making his way to his hips. Somkai was well built from the muscles his hands moved over.

He felt a smirk tug at the edges of his lips as Somkai pulled his hair back.

Loud screams were soon heard outside which caused Jun to sit up on the chaise lounge.

Through the doors, that had paper instead of glass, he could see shadows of what looked like people running. Jun felt as adrenaline filled his body and his senses becoming sharper.

He pushed Somkai off of him, reluctantly, and grabbed his covered bow, which he had put down on the floor next to the chaise. As he ran towards the sliding doors he was jerked back, a hand grabbed his arm.

Jun looked back to see Somkai holding his arm with narrowed eyes and a strong stare. It felt like his grip was going to cut off his circulation. It hurt to move his hand which felt like it was going numb.

Despite Somkai not wanting to let him go, Jun pulled his arm with enough surprise that the grip on his arm was let go of and allowed him run through the sliding front door.