XVII. Duplicity-Part VII.

"Oh heavens..."

Jun muttered to himself as he noticed that she had red hair that laid messily around the woman's face and chest.

Suddenly something moving next to the dead woman's body caught Jun's eye. He hesitantly looked further in the back of the wagon to see a man tied up and gagged laying on his side.

His terrified blue eyes locked onto Jun's as they shared their silent, mutual terror.

The man then began writhing about and muffling under his gag in what seemed to be a scared manner as he broke his gaze with Jun. Jun went to turn back around but then felt as a ice cold hand went across his shoulders and around his throat.

"I see that you found my food..." a smoky voice whispered into Jun's ear.

Lips brushed against his neck as they spoke, along with something that felt sharp.

Like fangs.

Jun started to breathe heavily as he realized that those fangs were mostly likely the same ones that punctured the dead woman's neck. He watched as Ałexándú's other hand reached towards her exposed organs and reached deep within her corpse.

He felt a bit of acid jump up to the back of his throat as he closed his eyes from the grotesque scene. But he still could hear the mixed sounds of the gagged man's muffled screams and the sliminess of organs being moved about.

His heart beat rapidly in his chest as the sound began to get closer to his ears. The sudden sound of flesh being ripped apart made Jun instinctively open his eyes. His eyes were greeted by the sight of Ałexándú's hand holding the ripped out liver of the woman.

The gagged man looked to have passed out as he laid still on the wagon's floor with his eyes closed.

"What in the everlasting shit ar—" the hand around Jun's throat went to cover his mouth to muffle his yelling.

He was then turned back around as he saw the moonlight shining on Ałexándú.

He held the woman's liver in his free hand as he looked at it longingly.

"There is a type of beauty in the macabre," Jun watched in horror as he licked the dripping blood off of the liver. The blood stained his pure white shirt with a deep red. "Is there not?"

Jun used both of his hands as he tied to pry the hand off his mouth but to no avail. It was like this man had some type of supernatural strength.

His eyes watched as the blood dripped from Ałexándú's mouth to his cravat. They widened as he noticed that there was no metal necklace hanging around his neck.

Ałexándú seemed to notice Jun's epiphany as a deranged smile graced his blood stained lips.

"It seems you have finally figured it out. I am fazrakiór. And you may be wondering how I became one. Do you not? I fell in love with Mrs. Szymásca's eldest daughter, Leyla." Jun watched as he broke eye contact with him and went back to staring at her liver.

"I yearned for her for years. Few days ago I finally mustered up courage to tell her how I felt. She defiantly rejected my confession. Afterwards I committed suicide. And now here we are. Lovely tale is it not?"

During this man's monologue, Jun tried to figure out how to get away from this demon-man creature.

He looked to his left and saw the lantern swaying on its pole as the black mare continued to trot on with not a single care in the world.

Jun swiftly grabbed the lantern off of the pole and smashed it in the creature's face. It caused the hand over Jun's mouth to be released as Ałexándú screamed in agony. The mare did a blood curdling, unnatural squeal as it went up on its hind legs.