XXXII. Shanghaied-Part VI.

A blue mist came out of the snake's mouth that flowed into the palm of Sámávad's opened hand.

He twirled his wrist and threw the glowing mist into the air.

"Ävloräá," Sámávad muttered which caused golden, glowing symbols to appear within the mist.

Jun looked around and saw the odd and strange looking symbols float lazily around the three of them. A large cluster of symbols floated above the map with many that were the same.

"As you see here," a bunch of symbols, that looked like an upside down L, scattered down all over the West part of the map. But mainly near the border of the Yimpan Empire and the Northern Wastes, "This symbol is enyk. It shows where first class demons are."

Another set of symbols fell down onto the map that looked like an O with a slash through it.

"Second class demons are represented by kätos. And if you notice, there are less kätos than enyk, which should be the case with demons that come up from the netherworld. They should also be mostly concentrated in the...Northern Wastes...as that is where the plague is."

Sámávad sounded like he forced himself to say the last part.

More symbols fell down that looked like a strange Q, then a pointy W, two triangles, and finally a crescent moon shape. According to Sámávad, they represent third all the way to sixth class demons respectively.

"The zodiz was the start of a series of strange anomalies. It was a fifth class demon that just randomly popped up near Perenykisk here." Sámávad pointed his finger on where Perenykisk was on the map and slowly dragged it towards a section called Kordegórmuni. "A few days after the zodiz appeared, which was roughly two weeks ago, this happened.

"As you see here, there's an unusually large concentration of first through third class demons in the northern part of Kordegórmuni. It looks as though these demons are spilling in from the Northern Wastes and down into it. And here is the most recent anomaly that has happened."

Jun bent down slightly to see that the place he was pointing at what was called Ten Claw Range.

"This is where your dwarves' mine is located, here in the Ten Claw Range. Ten Claw Range is a huge mountain range of jagged peaks surrounded by forests. It covers a large portion of the border from the Northern Wastes and Kordebławaznesco.

"And if you have eyes, you notice what is strange. Kushämän, the symbol denoting the highest class of demons. The sixth class. All of the other Kushämän are located in the Northern Wastes near The Peaks of the Forsaken. This one is just randomly all the way down South here.

"It followed the same pattern as the zodiz. Some random high class demon. And what makes this all strange is how everything is targeted in the Yimpan Empire. And not just anywhere in the Yimpan Empire, they've all been fairly close to its capital Perenykisk.

"I don't know what's going on. But I have noticed, along with everyone else who dwells in the West, that the demonic activity has increased drastically. And these anomalies located near Perenykisk seem to point near the start of something happening.

"It could be where the lands are finally engulfed in darkness and the netherworld is brought up here. And even then, I'm not going to be going on and try and save the Lands.

"As the Lands shouldn't be saved."

And with that Sámávad slouched back into his chair with the snake curling up into his lap.

Jun looked over at Arkshan and watched as he traced his long nails along the map.

"So it'll take a little over a week then," Arkshan said to no one in particular while he focused down on the map.