𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓉𝓅𝑒𝓇 𝐼𝒱

I was watching as Yuna and Jungkook were on the floor cutting paper and crafting paper animals for their presentation.

"What is your favourite animal?" Jungkook asks.

"I think I like bunnies," she replies.

I'm pretty sure that they're kids and does not know about love and are too young to catch feelings for each other.

"Oh," Jungkook grins, "Everyone says that I look like a bunny! Does that mean you like me too?"

I take that back.

"I lik-" I don't let her finish.

"That's enough project for today," I stand up.

"But Tae," she whines, "I want to finish it fast!"

"How about Jungkook goes home and we finish it together?" I offer.

"No," she rejects.

My heart.

"Why?" I ask.

"I want to spend time with Jungkook!" She says.

"Why do you want to spend time with him when I'm here?" I ask.

"Because you're always here and Jungkook's not. So when I can, I want to spend time with my new friend," she explains.

Is s-she bored of me?

"It's okay, Mr Taehyung," Jungkook stands up, "I'll go home. It's late anyway."

"Thank you, Mr Jungkook," I reply to the kid and Yuna raises her eyebrow.

"Why are you calling him Mr Jungkook?" She asks.

"I don't know," I shrug.

"I'll leave. Bye, Yuna," He hugs her.

"Bye!" She waves.

I slam the door shut and grumble, "I don't like him."

"Why? He's really sweet," Yuna says.

"Sweet, my foot," I whisper.

"You said something?" She asks.

"Nothing," I look away, "I just don't like him."

"Are you afraid?" She asks.

I am.

"No," I shake my head, "For what?"

"That once Jungkook becomes my close friend, I'd forget you?" She asks.

"Okay," I start, "First of all, you can't forget me because I raise you, feed you, love you more than anything else. Second of all, I am the one and only close friend you have. No one can take my position."

Yuna giggles, "So confident!"

"You hungry?" I ask.

"Yes!" She climbs over the kitchen counter to sit.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

"Should I kill this Jungkook?" I ask my minister.

"Of course not, sir," my minister replies, "How can you kill small kids like this?"

"They hurt her," I reply.

"Yes, but these are things every kid goes through. It's normal," he explains.

"But Yuna isn't a normal kid. She's my princess," I reply, "No harm is to come to her."

"But small fights and minor bullying; I'm not supporting it but it isn't to be taken so deep. Those are things kids their age do. We can't do anything about it," my minister explains.