𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒳𝒳

I scoff, "I gave that boy a chance to live and now he's on my throat."

"What, sir?" My secretary asks.

"Nothing," I fist my hands, "Get one of our men to join his team. Find out what he's planning."

"Yes, sir," he replies and leaves.

I throw my head back. I will kill that son of a-

"Baby Tae?" I hear her sweet voice.

"Yes, my dear," I smile.

"Can I come in?" She asks poking her head through the door.

"Yes, my dear," she hops into my office and sits on the couch.

"You can do your work," she says taking out her phone, "I'll just be here."

"No, my dear," I stand up and walk to her, "When you're with me, my entire attention will only be for you."

"You need to work, Tae," she says, "I'm afraid I'm holding you back from doing your job and duties."

I chuckle, "I'm performing my duties quite well." 

I'll make sure I do it perfectly. I'll make sure your sweet brother knows what and who he's messing with.

"I think I should go home," she says.

"Why?" I ask.

"Don't know," she shrugs.

"I know there's a reason," I sigh, "Tell me, dear."

"It's okay, Tae," she smiles, "Can I go home?"

"Of course, but I want to know why," I reply.

"I, uh," she pauses, "Some people don't like me much..."

"Who?" I ask in anger.

"It's okay," she cups my face and presses her forehead on mine, "I'm fine. Just let me go home. I'll take the bus or a cab."

"No," I deny, "I can't let you go without me."

"Tae, baby," she whines, "I'll be fine."

"No," I say sternly, "I'll drop you home."

"I can't do that!" She says, "I'm already such a huge distraction."

"Dear," I warn her, "You are no distraction."

"Your company needs you," she replies.

"So do you," I whisper. 

"You need me more than my company does. You need my protection from those dirty people," I state.

"Tae, I can't do this to you!" She replies.

"Do what?" I ask.

"Always having your attention on me," she tears up, "I'm just a girl who..."

"Who what?" I ask holding her shoulders.

"Who isn't that great, okay?" She whispers, "You got into so much trouble because of me. Your reputation was damaged because of me."

"No," I reply, "No," I hug her, "I will not allow you to feel like that. I knew what I was getting into when I saved your life at the graduation. I knew when I made out with you in the car. You didn't get me into any trouble. I was the one who did it."

"Why did you do it?" She sobs and whispers, "I'm a nobody."

"You aren't a nobody," I clench my jaw, "You're my everything. Why can't you just understand that?"

"I'm sorry," she cries.

"No, no, don't be sorry," I kiss her forehead, "I just need you to be more confident about yourself. Okay?"