Chapter 60: Just Stay In

The next morning I woke up to the sounds of the city and Jake's subtle snoring. I still felt a little nauseous from the night before, but it was to be expected. I had never drank as much as I had this tour. I was surprised that I could even keep up with them.

I gently climbed out of bed, doing my best not to wake up Jake, making my way over to the bathroom. It was nice to have a few moments to myself after everything that's happened. I hadn't even gotten the chance to be alone when I broke it off with Jake in order to be alone. He had made sure I didn't have a moment alone without thinking about him. 

Looking back at him, I couldn't help but smile. He really was sweet. And I knew everything he did, his heart was always in the right place. 

But I was going to take advantage of these few minutes alone if it killed me.

After my shower, I peeked my head out to see him sitting up in bed, staring back at me, sleepy eyed. His shirt, tossed across the room from some point last night, and his hair stuck up in all directions, he flashed me a tired smile, rubbing his eyes.

"How long have you been up?" He asked.
"Not long." I said, making my way over. His smile grew as he reached for me, grabbing me by my robe, pulling me back onto the bed.
"Why didn't you wake me up? I would've come with you." He giggled. I felt my cheeks burn.
"That's why." I laughed. He rolled his eyes, his hands moving into my wet hair and pulled me into a kiss.

"And you needed to sleep." I sighed, staring back at him.
"Aw, you care about me." He said sarcastically. I felt my cheeks burn.
"Yeah, yeah.." I said, getting back up. "Go get ready, you said you wanted to see the city today."

He plopped back down, covering his head with the blankets.
"It's still early." He whined. "Why don't you.. come back to bed. We've got all day. I can order us room service. What do you want?" He asked, reaching for the phone.
"We don't have to do that." I laughed, crawling closer to him.
"Come on, it's like.. a mini vacation." He said, grabbing the menu. "Get whatever you want."
"Just coffee is fine." I said. He shot me a look.

"Just coffee? No. Here.. look at this." He handed me the menu. I felt my feels burn. I wasn't used to people treating to me like things like this. I never really knew how to take it. I always hated the idea of feeling like I owed anyone anything. And he noticed.

"It's okay. I promise." He said, leaning over, gently kissing my cheek. A smile escaped my lips. "You're my girlfriend, I'm gonna do things like this for you. All the time. So it'll just be easier for the both of us if you just.. let it happen." He giggled to himself.
"Fine." I sighed, smiling back at him. "I'll just.. have what you're having." He nodded.
"Great choice." 

After we finished, he took our plates, bringing them over to the counter.
"So, where do you want to go today?" I asked, sitting up. He smiled back at me, crossing his arms and leaning up against the counter.

"Well you know, we could always just.. stay in." He said, his smile growing. My cheeks burned.
"Hey, I got to see where you lived." He sighed, rolling his eyes.
"And we found our way into my bedroom there too, didn't we?" He laughed, flashing me a huge grin. I smirked, my face feeling like it was on fire. 

"Jake!" I laughed, grabbing one of the pillows, tossing it at him. He caught it, jumping back onto the bed, tossing it back.
"Come here!" He yelled, grabbing me by the waist. I reached up, wrapping them around his neck, pulling him in closer. He leaned over me, staring down, pushing the hair out of my face.
"See, isn't this nice?" He said softly. I felt my heart beating faster as I pulled him into a kiss.
"Yeah.." I sighed. "But we're still going out today." I laughed. He held his stare on me, his eyes in a daze.

"You know, it could be like this every morning.." He said, flashing me a look. I felt my cheeks burn.
"Oh, you'd get us breakfast in bed every morning?" I laughed. He smirked, rolling over to lie next to me, propping his head up.
"If that's what you wanted, I would bring you breakfast in bed every morning." He said sweetly, reaching over, running his fingers through my hair. I stared back, getting lost in his eyes again.

"You say that now." I laughed. He smirked, pulling me in to another kiss.
"I mean it." He sighed. "You know I would do anything for you."
"Really?" I said softly. He smile grew as he nodded.
"Mhm.." He said, his cheeks getting red. I reached up, gently holding his face in my hand. He moved in closer, moving his hand up my leg.

"Jake.." I sighed. He giggled to himself, leaning in, gently kissing my neck. I felt my whole body get hot.
"You should go get ready." I laughed, pushing his hand away. He sighed, rolling his eyes.
"Fine." He smirked, stealing one more kiss before heading into the bathroom, leaving the door open. I sighed, trying to contain my smile.

"I'm not coming in with you." I laughed. I heard him giggle to himself.
"You're no fun." He said quietly.
"We only have one more day here, Jake, come on, I want you to see." I called out. He peeked his head out, smiling back at me.
"I'm going, I'm going.." He said, shaking his head. I really wished we had more time here. I wished we had more time alone together like this in general. The idea of moving in with him was starting to sound better and better. I wondered if that was his plan the whole time.

"What city are we headed to next?" I asked. He was quiet for a moment.
"You know, I'm gonna be honest with you, I'm not really sure." He laughed. "But we do have the shoot for the music video coming up soon." My stomach dropped.
"Oh yeah.." I sighed. 

That night backstage with Josh flashed through my mind. I felt my cheeks burn. The fact that we didn't want our first kiss on camera, but I knew that wasn't the only reason why he kissed me. And deep down.. it wasn't the only reason why I wanted him to kiss me either.

"Did.. you guys find someone.. else for the video?" I asked, biting down on my lip. Jake peeked his head back out into the bedroom, giving me a look, his face dropping.
"Um.. n-not that I know of.. yet." He said softly. I could tell he understood.
"You know.. I really appreciate you not doing it." He said quietly, holding his stare on me. I gave him a subtle smile, nodding.
"I.. I know it was something you were.. excited about. So.. I'll make it up to you, I promise." He said, going back into the bathroom. My cheeks burned.

"How are you gonna make it up to me?" I giggled.
"Oh, don't you worry about it." He said plainly.
"Jake.."

He made his way out of the bathroom with only a towel wrapped about his waist, sitting down next to me at the edge of the bed. He reached out, holding my face in his hand, pulling me in closer.
"Just.. thank you for not doing it." He said sweetly, giving me a subtle smile. "It.. means a lot to me. I know what would've went into it and.. what you would have had to do and just.. thanks." My heart was racing as he pulled me in to another passionate kiss.

"Now.." He sighed. "I'm gonna hop in the shower and I'll be leaving the door open, so.. you can choose to do what you wish with that information." He laughed, getting up and heading back into the bathroom. I stared back at him wide-eyed as he flashed me a playful smile before getting in. I bit down on my lip, quickly following him, shutting the door behind us.