Chapter 159: Finding Me

He gently slid the ring onto my finger, smiling up at me with the biggest grin I had ever seen. More tears filled my eyes as I pulled him into a passionate kiss. He reached up, tightly tangling his fingers in my hair, kissing me back harder.

A smile escaped my lips as I backed away, leaning my forehead against his, looking back down at my finger. He giggled to himself, taking my hand.

"Oh my god.. we're engaged!" I cried out, wiping my face, beaming from ear to ear. He pulled me in to another kiss.
"Yeah, we are." He laughed, flashing me a toothy grin. "That's kinda how this works." I stared back up at him, getting lost in his eyes again as they glowed from the warm light of the lanterns all around us.

I still couldn't believe it.

"How did you do all of this?" I sighed, wrapping my arms around his neck. He leaned in, kissing me again.
"I might've had some help." He said softly.
"Ronnie?" I asked. He nodded, smirking back at me.

I should've known.
She was probably just as excited as I was, waiting back at the house.
I wondered if they all knew, if they were all waiting up to hear the news.

"I can't wait to show her." I said, looking back down at the ring. I couldn't believe how beautiful it was. "Did you pick this out yourself?" His eyes lit up, nodding.
"Mhm.. do.. do you like it?"
"I love it." I sighed. He pulled me into another kiss.
"Oh, thank god." He laughed. "I was nervous."
"But I would've loved anything you picked." I muttered. "Because it's from you."
"That's why I was nervous." He laughed. "I wanted you to actually love it."
"Well.. I do. It's beautiful." He reached up, holding my face in his hand, staring back at me for a moment before pulling me into another gentle kiss. I grabbed onto his shirt, pulling him closer, giggling as I felt his lips curl into a smile.

"So, are we gonna go tell everyone now?" I asked. He smirked, his cheeks burning red.
"Well.. we're not gonna see them until.. tomorrow." He said. He got up, taking my hand. "I have one more thing for you." I stared back at him wide-eyed, feeling my heart beat faster.
"Tomorrow?" I asked, my face getting hot. He nodded, lifting his guitar over his head and grabbing my hand, intertwining our fingers. I followed him close as he guided us back down the path towards the bus.

"But you're home, don't you want to-" He quickly turned around, cutting me off, pulling me into another kiss. My heart jumped. He gave me a gentle smile, biting down on his lip before opening the door and leading me in.

When we reached the top of the steps, I looked past him to see a trail of rose petals leading towards the back room. My heart started beating faster as I smiled back up at him.
"Jake, what's this?" I asked, feeling my body get hot. He bit down on his lip, smirking back at me.
"So, you see, you made the mistake of conveniently leaving out the fact that, you had never been with anyone.. before me." He said, guiding me through the bus. I shook my head, my smile growing.

"I.. I didn't want you to make a big deal out of it." I mumbled, my face burning bright red. "I just.. I didn't want you to treat me any differently." He opened the door, leading me in where we were surrounded by candles, the faint smell of lavender in the air and the bed covered in rose petals. And on the end table, there was a bucket of champagne with two glasses. My face began to hurt again from smiling so big.

I made my way in, sitting down on the bed as he leaned up against the doorframe, staring back with timid grin.
"But it is different. And you deserved for it to be special."
"It was special though." I said softly, staring up at him, my heart beating faster. "Because.. it was with you." He bit down on his lip, trying his best to contain his smile.
"Jess.." He sighed.
"All any girl wants is for her first time to be.. with someone she loves, and.. someone who loves her. And that's exactly what I got." I reached up, grabbing his shirt, pulling him closer. His smile grew as he crawled over me, staring down with dazed eyes.
"I am so glad I waited for you."

"Yeah, but-" I cut him off, pulling him into a kiss. He sighed, kissing me back harder.
"I love all of our firsts." I sighed, my smile growing. "I wouldn't change any of them." He nodded, pushing himself up off the bed, going over to the end table.
"Well then, the least we can do is celebrate." He giggled, popping the cork off of the champagne and filling the two glasses. "I did happen to find the same champagne we had-"
"Before our first kiss." I said softly, a smile escaping my lips. He nodded, smirking back at me, taking a sip.
"You really thought of everything." I sighed. He shrugged, his smile growing.
"Maybe." He said playfully. I took a sip, placing my glass down next to the bed.

"Come here." I sighed, grabbing him by the shirt again, pulling him towards me. His eyes lit up as he took another sip, quickly placing his glass down on the table, and crawling back over me. I reached up, letting down his hair and tangling my fingers within. His gentle kisses traveled from my lips down to my neck as my hands moved down his chest, unbuttoning his shirt, one by one. His kisses got harder as I slid off his shirt, tossing it onto the floor.

"Did you tell Ronnie what this was for?" I laughed, pulling him into another deep kiss. He sighed, quickly lifting my shirt over my head, tossing it to the side.
"Absolutely not." He laughed, his hands moving to my neck where he pulled me into another series of kisses.
"What did you say then?" I giggled, pushing him back, climbing on top of him. He took a deep breath, staring up at me wide-eyed, his cheeks burning red.
"I.. I said.. I just.." He stuttered, biting down on his lip, reaching out for me again.
"What did you say?" I laughed, kissing his cheek, slowly moving down to his neck. His hands moved down to my waist, gripping me tightly.

"This is supposed to be your first time." He giggled. "Can't I be on top?"
"No." I said softly, shaking my head, laughing between kisses. His sighs got deeper as he ran his fingers through my hair.
"I.. I told her to just have it ready.." He finally managed. "I told her we.. weren't coming back in tonight. So.. I'm sure she.. put two and two together." I reached my hand behind his neck, pulling him back into a passionate kiss. He didn't hesitate to reach up, tightly tangling his fingers in my hair, kissing me back harder.

"I love you." He sighed, gently running his hand down my arm and tightly intertwining his fingers within mine.
"I love you more." He shook his head, his smile growing. His grip got tighter as his kisses got harder. I then slowly reached down, unbuckling his belt, sliding it off, and adding it to the pile of our clothes on the floor. His lips curled into a smile as he tried sitting back up. Backing away, I bit down on my lip, shaking my head. He stared back up at me, his cheeks flushed, a gentle smile on his lips.

"Jess.." He exhaled, gently running his fingers across my cheek. My hands traveled down to his hips, unbuttoning his pants where he didn't hesitate to help me slide them off, tossing them away.

"You are so beautiful." He sighed. "I'm so lucky." He pulled me back in to another series of long, deep kisses, then effortlessly maneuvered himself over me, sliding off my jeans, tossing them away.

"I thought this was my first time." I giggled, flashing him a smile. He smirked, biting down on his lip as he gently grabbed onto my hips, rolling back over.
"You're right." He sighed. "You can have whatever you want."

I couldn't help but smile as I leaned down over him, my necklace now dangling in his face. He playfully turned it around, allowing it to hang down my back. I took a minute to just admire him, how beautiful he was, how one day.. that would be my husband, the father of my child.

"Jake.." I sighed, leaning both of my hands down on either side of his head. He stared back up at me, his eyes in an awestruck daze.
"Yeah?" He said softly, reaching up, holding my face in his hand again.
"Thank you for finding me."