Chapter 173: A Little Bit

While I waited for Jake to finish the last of his interviews, I lied in his bunk, editing the photos I had shot from the night before. I was able to get through the entire batch before the back door finally slid open.

"Hey. Sorry." He sighed, making his way over to me. He sluggishly ran his fingers through his hair, quickly leaning down and pulling me into a kiss. "I really don't wanna rush this so.. can we find out after the show tonight?" I nodded, shutting my laptop and grabbing my camera bag. He reached out for my hand, intertwining our fingers as he hastily lead us down the steps, across the parking lot and into the venue.

"I didn't think they were going to run so late, I'm sorry." He managed, guiding us backstage into one of the dressing rooms.
"It's okay, really, Jake." I giggled, sitting down on the couch. He flashed me an apologetic smile as he quickly got changed. I could see his eyelids getting heavy as he ran his fingers through his hair, brushing it into place.

"Are you gonna be okay tonight?" I asked, going over to him, leaning up against the wall as he stared back at himself in the mirror. He nodded, peeking over at me.
"Yeah, I'm fine.. I.. I really shouldn't complain. It's an amazing opportunity. I'm okay." I bit down on my lip, holding my stare on him.
"Yeah but.. you're only human. I just want to make sure you're taking care of yourself." I said softly. He finally stopped, pulling me into a gentle kiss.
"Thank you." He whispered. "I'm okay. But.. I'm excited for later."

I felt my cheeks burn, my heart beating faster. Part of me really didn't want to get my hopes up, just in case it wasn't what we wanted. Deep down, I wasn't even sure of what I wanted right now. I knew that if I was pregnant, Jake would be.. ecstatic. But.. it wouldn't be the end of the world if I wasn't. If things were really going to start picking up with him, there was no way he could be around as much as he'd want to be, and it wouldn't be fair to rob him of that experience either.

"I.. I don't want you to get your hopes up." I said, holding his face in my hand, gently rubbing my thumb across his cheek. "I mean, it's probably nothing, I'm probably just over thinking things again." He shrugged, his smile growing.
"Hey.. whatever happens, happens." He said softly. I nodded.
"And.. I know this is something you really want but-" He cut me off, pulling me into another kiss.
"Whatever happens, Jess.. it's gonna be okay. I promise."
"Okay."

He leaned in, kissing my forehead and slipping his hand into mine.
"But.. I gotta get to stage now." He laughed, motioning towards the door. I nodded, following him closely, grabbing my bag as he quickly lead us down the hall towards the wings of the stage.

I hung back, watching him as he lifted his guitar over his head, adjusting the strap. He then quickly made his way over to me, reaching out and pulling me into a passionate kiss.
"I love you so much." He said, leaning in close enough for me to hear over the screams. A smile escaped my lips as I pulled him into another kiss.
"I love you more." I sighed. His smile grew as he shook his head, running out onto the stage.

For their last song, I made my way back to Jake's side of the stage, waiting in the wings for him to run off. Looking over, I saw Sadie across the way on Sam's side, watching him attentively with a massive grin. I couldn't help but smile. She really was sweet. If anyone was going to be there for him, I was glad it was someone like her. He deserved someone so.. endearing. I hoped he wasn't just stringing her along, despite what he said to me. But I'm sure the longer she hung around, he would eventually give in.. right?

Things would just be easier if him and I could go back to normal, and I knew that was never going to happen until he had someone else to at least distract him.

Right on time, Jake ran off stage, wrapping me into his arms, laughing loudly into my ear. His sweaty hair stuck to his forehead, pulling me close, kissing me on the cheek.
"You were amazing." I said, gazing up at him. He flashed me a wide grin, pulling me into a kiss.
"Thank you." He said, holding me close. He quickly lifted his guitar over his hand, placing it onto the stand and guided me through the wings back to the dressing room.