Chapter 94: Christmas Eve - Part 3

Sam's P.O.V

I stumbled out into the parking lot with Danny and Ronnie as she guided us to the car.
"Why do you guys always get so messy?" She laughed, shaking her head, opening the door for us.
"Speak for yourself." Danny giggled, climbing in first. "Sam's the one that gets crazy."
"I do not." I said, hopping in, shutting the door behind me. "It's a party, what else are we supposed to do?" I lied down, leaning my head against the door.

"So what was all that about in there?" Danny asked, leaning up to talk to Ronnie. She sighed, shaking her head.
"I think Josh and Jess are breaking up." She said quietly. I picked my head up, looking over at them.
"Breaking up?" I asked. "I.. I didn't know they were.. together." Ronnie shrugged, rolling her eyes.
"I don't know what you call it these days, either way, I think it's over between them." I sat up, leaning in close.
"W-what makes you say that?" I asked. She peeked back at me, her eyes peeled in the rearview mirror.
"Because.. there's someone else." She said softly. I felt my cheeks burn. Someone else? Did that mean.. maybe..

"Why are you so curious?" Ronnie asked. "I thought you two were staying out of it." Danny laughed, playfully shoving me.
"Well, I am.. Sam on the other hand.." I glared at him, shoving him back.
"What about Sam??" Ronnie snapped, turning back.
"Nothing about Sam!" I yelled. "There's.. there's nothing."
"Yeah, except for the fact that he fell for her too. What is it with this girl that you all lose your minds over her?" Danny said, rolling his eyes, leaning back in his seat. It felt like my face was on fire. Ronnie was the last person I wanted to know about this.. if there was anything to know.

Which there wasn't.

"Sam, I swear to God.." She said, shaking her head, turning back around. "Please do not get involved in this." I sighed, leaning back, staring out the window.
"Don't worry.. nothings gonna happen." I sighed.
"And not by lack of him trying." Danny giggled. I shot him a look, shoving him again.
"What's that supposed to mean?" Ronnie yelled, looking back at me in the rearview mirror.

"It means he's been trying to win her over ever since her and Jake broke up. You should see him.. it's gross." Danny laughed.
"Will you shut up!" I snapped, feeling my cheeks burn again.
"Sam, please, for my sake.."
"Nothings gonna happen." I said softly. "Don't worry. She doesn't feel that way about me. We're.. we're friends. That's all." She glared back at me.

"I just don't want you to get hurt too." She said quietly.
"I know." I sighed. She was quiet for a moment, then looked back again.
"What has he been doing, Danny?" She asked. I felt my heart beating faster as I shot him a look. He smirked, rolling his eyes.

"For starters, he can't keep his hands off her."
"Samuel!" Ronnie snapped, a smile escaping her lips. I bit down on my lip, holding in my smile.
"That is not true.." I said, feeling my cheeks burn.
"Sam, she slept with you in your bed.."
"She what!?" Ronnie yelled, turning around to look at me. I kept my eyes out the window, holding in my smile.
"She was upset.. and.. she asked me to.. it.. it wasn't like that."

"Sam, I like Jess, she's a great girl but.. please." She sighed. I looked down, awkwardly picking at my fingernails.
"You guys just.. you don't get it." I said quietly.
"What don't we get?" Ronnie asked.
"Well, she has been.. very friendly with him too." Danny chimed in. "Honestly.. she might.." I felt my heart start to beat faster.
"She might.. what, Danny?"
"She.. she might like him. Seeing them together.." He sighed. "It is cute, I'll admit. She looks.. so happy when she's with him." I did my best to try and hide my smile.

"Sam, I just think.. you shouldn't get involved."
"That's what I said." Danny laughed, looking over at me. I smirked at him, feeling my cheeks burn again.
"I just.. I don't know, I have fun with her. I.. I can talk to her about anything. And I just.. I want to be there for her and.. I know she'd be there for me and-"