Chapter 96: Christmas Morning - Part 2

"You should go pick up coffee for everyone." I said as I finished covering up his neck. "It'll explain why you were out of the house." He sighed, smirking back up at me.
"Can't we just tell them? You really think they're not gonna notice this?" He asked. I shook my head, smiling back.

"Don't worry, I was able to cover it. Who knew you were so sensitive." I giggled, sitting back down on the bed. He shook his head, his cheeks burning.
"I'm not sensitive.." He said, scrunching up his face.
"You are, but it's fine." I said, quickly kissing him on the lips. "Now go." He stared back at me with a subtle smile before finally getting up and getting dressed.

"Fine." He sighed. "I'll see you in a little bit. You get ready and head inside." I nodded, smiling back up at him. Before he left, he stopped in the doorway, staring back at me.
"What?" I asked, feeling my cheeks burn.
"Nothing.." He sighed, holding his stare on me. He made his way back over, quickly kissing me on the lips.

"I love you." He said softly. "I'll be right back."
"I love you, too." 

I went into the bathroom to clean myself up and quickly got dressed before he got home. As I made my way out of the bus, I saw Sam smoking out front. I couldn't help but smile. At least I wouldn't have to go inside alone, and risk running into Josh just yet.

"Hey!" I called out, flashing him a smile. "Merry Christmas." He turned to face me, taking a drag, blowing his smoke the other way.
"Merry Christmas." He said, forcing a smile.
"W-what's wrong?" I asked, feeling my cheeks burn. He shook his head.
"Nothing." He sighed, shrugging.

"Doesn't seem like nothing." I said, playfully shoving him. He finally smirked, looking back over at me.
"It's nothing, really.." He sighed, giving me a gentle smile. "So.. how was your night?"
"It was.. good." I said, biting down on my lip, feeling my cheeks burn. I saw his face drop a little as he took another drag.
"I bet..." He said, his voice trailing off.
"What?" I asked. He shook his head.
"Nothing. Um.. Mom made breakfast, if you want any.."
"Oh, okay.. thanks. I'll.. I'll see you inside then?" He nodded, biting down on his lip.

What was up with him?

I hesitated before making my way up their front steps and going inside, where I was hit with the overwhelming smell of pancakes, eggs, bacon..

I wandered into the kitchen where their Mom was still cooking, despite the full spread already laid out on the counter.
"Do you need any help?" I asked. She turned to me, flashing me a smile.
"Oh, no, thank you, honey. Merry Christmas! Please, grab a plate, help yourself."
"Thank you." I said, going over.

"Josh and Ronnie are in the other room, but I haven't seen Jake yet. He's probably still sleeping." She laughed.
"Oh, he.. he ran out to get coffee for everyone." I said, feeling my cheeks burn.
"Oh, well, that's nice.. but we could've just made some, he didn't have to do that."
"Yeah, well.." I shrugged. "He.. he insisted. You know how he gets." She smiled turning back to the stove.

I took my time making my plate, hoping Sam would come back inside so I wouldn't have to go back there alone. But no such luck.

As soon as I walked back I saw Josh's head pop up. He glared at me as he grabbed his plate, making his way back into the kitchen. Ronnie watched him the entire way, finally waving me over with a small smile.

"Hey.." I said softly, sitting down across from her.
"So.. Josh told me everything." She said, staring back at me. I nodded, avoiding her eyes.
"But.. did the night at least.. end well?" She asked, her smile growing. I bit down on my lip, doing my best to contain my smile. 
"Mhm.." I said simply. She stared back at me wide-eyed. I peeked up at her, feeling my cheeks burn.
"Good." She said softly, continuing to eat.