Chapter 95: Christmas Morning - Part 1

The next morning I woke up with Jake's arm tightly wrapped around me, holding me close up against his bare chest. I felt his even breaths on my neck as he squeezed me tighter, nuzzling his face into my hair. I gently ran my hand down his arm, intertwining my fingers into his. I then heard him sigh, moving again.

"Hey.." He said, his voice still sleepy. I turned over to face him, giving him a gentle smile.
"Well, good morning." I said softly, moving in closer, wrapping my arms around him. I heard him giggle as he squeezed me back, now running his hand up and down my back.
"Merry Christmas." He sighed, leaning his head against mine as his eyes closed again. I giggled, to myself, running my fingers through his hair.
"Merry Christmas.. are you going back to sleep?" His smile grew as he shook his head.
"No.. just resting my eyes." I rolled over, climbing on top of him.

"Sure looks like sleeping to me." I laughed. He stared back up at me with a gentle smile, still looking exhausted.
"I'm awake.. I'm awake.." He sighed, sitting up a bit. "It was kind of a long night, you know. I really didn't get much sleep." He laughed, pushing the hair out of his face. I bit down on my lip.

"Well, who's fault is that?" I said, my smile growing. I reached out, holding his face in my hands, feeling my heart start to beat faster.
"Yours" He laughed, leaning in, gently kissing me on the lips. I tangled my fingers in his hair, pulling him in, kissing him back harder.

"Where'd you learn all that anyway? You use that on all your guys?" He asked, licking his lips, smirking back at me. I felt my cheeks burn bright red.
"Shut up.." I laughed, hitting him with one of his pillows. "No, that was.. just for you."
"Good." He sighed, pulling me back in, kissing me harder. "And it's gonna stay that way."

I wrapped my arms around his neck, as he moved his hands up, grabbing onto my waist, positioning himself over me.

"Jake!" I laughed, holding on tight. He flashed me a huge grin as he leaned in, kissing me all over my face.
"Just get used to it." He said, giggling to himself. I stared back up at him, biting down on my lip. He finally stopped, staring back with his eyes in a daze.

"I missed you." I sighed, gently running my fingers down his cheek. He leaned in again, moving his fingers into my hair, pulling me into a passionate kiss.
"Well, you're never gonna have to miss me again." He said softly. He rolled over next to me, propping his head up onto his hand, staring back at me with a wide smile. "I'm not going anywhere. You're stuck with me forever now. I don't care what happens. I'm never letting you go again. You're mine now." I felt my heart start to race as I held my stare on him, doing my best to hold in my smile.

"Oh, I'm yours now?" I giggled, moving closer to him. "Just like that?"
"You better believe just like that, after the night we had." He laughed, his cheeks getting redder. "Cause you sure as hell aren't going to be anyone else's. You're mine."
"Okay." I sighed, pulling him into another kiss. "I'm all yours. Now should we head inside? Everyone's probably looking for you." He sighed, rolling back over, pulling the covers over his head.

"Just a few more minutes." He groaned.
"Jake, it's Christmas." I laughed. "You should be with your family."
"You're my family." He said softly, peeking back out. My heart jumped, a smile escaping my lips. I leaned in, kissing him again, feeling him smile. He reached out, pulling me back under the blankets with him. I wrapped my arms around him, lying my head on his chest.

"So.. when can I see the apartment?" I asked, gently running my fingers up and down his arm.
"We can go tomorrow if you want." He said. "I haven't been there yet either, so.. we can see it for the first time together."
"I'm excited." I said softly, peeking back up at him. He smiled, running his fingers through my hair.
"I'm excited to wake up to you every morning." He said, leaning down, kissing my forehead.
"Me too."

I couldn't believe this was actually happening. I would have never imagined at the beginning of the tour that I would have wound up here by the end of the year, but I couldn't be happier.

"You know, we should really head in." I laughed, sitting back up. "Before someone comes looking for us." He smirked, looking me up and down.
"I don't want you getting dressed yet." He giggled, pulling me back down towards him. "We've got all morning, for all they know we're still sleeping."
"If they know you're out here, they know you're not sleeping." I giggled, feeling my cheeks burn. He smirked back at me, his cheeks burning.

"I.. I don't think we should tell anyone yet though." I said quietly, biting down on my lip. He stared back up at me wide-eyed, confused.
"Jess, I don't want to sneak around anymore, I just want us-"
"I don't want to sneak around either. I just.. not today, okay? Not after last night." He sighed, holding his stare on me.

"Jess, c-can I ask you something?" He said, biting down on his lip, looking away. I felt my heart start to beat faster.
"Y-yeah, sure."
"I.. I just.. and.. maybe it's none of my business.. but.. um.. did you and Josh ever-"
"No." I said, cutting him off. "Never. Just you." He nodded.
"Okay.." He said softly, peeking back up at me with a gentle smile.

"So.. tomorrow then?" He asked, his eyes hopeful. I couldn't help but smile.
"Tomorrow." I sighed. "But today.. let's just.. give him one day." He nodded, moving his hand into mine again.
"And.. you promise it's not because-" He started.
"I ended things for good with him." I said, looking down at our hands. "I promise. It's not about that. I just.. I don't want to rub this in his face.. in his own house. Not today." He bit down on his lip, nodding.

"Okay." He said softly, smirking back up at me. "But tomorrow.. I get to tell everyone."
"I can't wait." I laughed, pulling him into another kiss. He sat up, holding my face in his hands, kissing me back harder. I crawled back on top of him, pulling him in closer, my lips moving down to his neck. I felt him sigh as he moved his hands down to my waist, holding me tighter.

As I moved away, I stared down at his neck, wide-eyed. He noticed.
"What is it?" He asked, looking up at me with dazed eyes.
"Um.. Y-you.. you may wanna.. wear a scarf today." I said, giggling to myself, feeling my cheeks burn. He stared back at me confused.
"W-why? What's wrong?" He said, now picking me up, moving me off of his lap. He rolled out of bed and made his way over to the mirror where I saw him stop and stare, his eyes getting wide.
"Jess!" He yelled, turning back around to face me. "I can't go back inside with this!" I bit down on my lip, holding in my smile.

"Jake, it's not even that bad." I said, smirking back at him. He sighed, looking back in the mirror.
"Maybe.. maybe my hair will cover it.." He said, playing around with it. I laughed, sitting back up.
"Your hair is not going to cover that." I said, shaking my head.
"You did this on purpose!" He yelled, a smile escaping his lips.
"Why would I do that on purpose!" I said. He held his stare on me, shaking his head as his smile grew.
"Can you just.. help me hide this, please?"

"Come here.." I sighed, crawling towards the end of the bed. "I'll cover it. Jeez, you act like you've never had a hickey before." He shot me a look, his cheeks burning red.
"Oh.." I said softly, biting down on my lip. "Well, don't worry. It'll be fine, I'll put some makeup on it." He shook his head, smirking back at me.

"So much for keeping us a secret."