𝑶𝒏𝒆.

Ophelia

"This is such a cliché, Ash!" I scream over the music of Taylor Swift's song 22. Ashely dances back to Sabine and me from the DJ booth where she requested the song.

"Girl, you turned 22, this song is part of that!" She slures a little while grinning to me and dancing with her glass dangerously above her head. I laugh at the sight of my best friend who always is the life of the party.

Last week was my 22nd birthday, but because of our studies and work we weren't able to 'properly celebrate', as Ashley put it. So tonight we went downtown to find a pub to celebrate my birthday with lots of music and alcohol. Of the second all three of us had enough at this point.

We dance around to the music until Sabine slips on something laying on the floor of the pub and falls flat on her arse. We look at her for a second before bursting out laughing.

"I think it's time for some fresh air," she laughs while I lift her up off the floor. I nod in agreement and follow her out of the door. We walk out on the London streets which are busy with other people partying through the night.

"So how'd you like your birthweek?" Sabine asks me as we sit on the pavement outside the pub. I chuckle because of the word 'week'. My birthday was last sunday and my parents forced me to celebrate with them. So I went home to Reading for the weekend then Monday till now I got little gifts everyday from co-workers and friends. My birthday was dragged out so we could go out tonight with the excuse that it was still my 'birthweek'.

"It has been fun," I laugh. Sabine hugs me while we watch the people in the streets. As we were about to get up and go back into the club a group of guys walked by us into the pub. One of them whispered something to his friend, who laughed at the comment and elbowed his friend. The guy who made the comment looked at me and smiled after which he hurried after his friends.

"Lia... maybe this week will have a happy ending." Sabine wiggles her brows at me and laughs when I turn red. "Maybe I want to," I comment with a wink. We walk back into the pub where the first thing we see is Ashley dancing on one of the tables in the middle of the bar.

I look at my friend with a feeling of pride. She is always 'mrs-I-do-what-I-want' and I love her for that. While watching, I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn my head and are met by beautiful blue eyes. "Hi there, can I buy your next drink?" he asks, flashing me a smile. I smile back and recognize him as the guy from outside.

"Only if your comment to your friend was a nice one." I answer. He looks confused for a second and then laughs.

"Yeah sorry about that, you just caught my attention." He smiles again. A little kiss-ass but I don't mind it for now.

We get our drinks and I scan the pub quickly for my friends, who are dancing with other people. I turn back to the boy and look at him. "So what brought you here tonight." I ask him as I give him my attention.

"Just a night out with the boys, you?" I lean in a bit to hear him over the loud music. "It's my birthday! I turned 22 last week."

"Congratulations are in order then." He says while shaking my hand politely. I laugh at him thinking this guy may actually be a decent human being for once.

But I quickly discover I am wrong. He doesn't let go of my hand and pulls me into him. He smiles again, which turns into more of a grin. "Then I will give you the best birthday you'll ever have. What do you say, my place or yours?" He wants to get up but I quickly pull my hand back. "How about: no thank you." I say and try to walk away from him. He stops me by grabbing my wrist and with his strength pushes me against the wall.

"Sweetheart, don't be boring." He tries to kiss me, but I turn my head so his lips find my cheek instead of my lips. I try to find my friends in the crowd, but I'm not able to look past the guy in front of me. He still holds my wrist and pushes even harder to keep me in place. Tears prick in my eyes from pain and anger, until he gets pulled off of me.

"Leave her alone," Ashley shouts at him. "And get out of here or you will not leave in one piece," Sabine completes her. I take a breath, being so grateful for my friends. The guy gives the girls an angry look, but leaves it at that and walks towards his friend.

"Are you okay?" Ashley asks me. "Yeah I'm okay, he couldn't do anything bad to me." I rub my wrist while looking at the red skin. "I would like to go home now though," I smile to my friends who wrap their arms around me, leading me to the exit.

"Let's go home then," Ashley smiles.

***

I let out a heavy sigh while kicking off my shoes and landing on the couch in the living room of our apartment. Ashley quickly follows after me, ending up on the other side of the couch.

"Why are all men pigs?" She looks genuinely curious asking this question. I laugh at her as an answer. "No really, I mean it. All the guys we meet are either to shy and quite or are macho gorrilas who think they are entitled to do what ever the fuck they want." She slums in her seat while whining about the other human sex.

"I don't know. You luckily can avoid man if you want to. Maybe you need to try online dating for educated people." I joke.

"Those websites are scams, the only place I know that people met their real soulmate was through Tinder."

I laugh at her. "Tinder? are you mad? There are only pervs or very desperate people on Tinder." She looks up from her phone. "Okay I'll cut you a deal: We both install Tinder. The first one with a serious match buys the other dinner." She puts her hand in front of me to shake to seal the deal.

"That's unfair, you have double chance!" I complain. With Ashley being bisexual I feel this is an unfair fight. "I'll only swipe men too, deal?" She  wiggels her outstretched hand at me.

I think for a moment, but shake her hand eventually. "And if it fails, no harm done right? Just a bit of fun." she says and gets up from the chouch. "Goodnight love, see you in couple of hours." I give a kiss on her cheeck and she disapers into her bedroom.

I take my phone from the coffeetabel and go to the app store. If I want to win the dinner I better get started now. I select three pictures of me and think about my bio. I honestly don't know what to write, so that's what i write for now. Maybe tomorrow I can come up with something better.

I start swiping a bit for fun and come across some people who look interesting. I see a guy with cute brown curls and a smile that could light up the room. Without reading his bio I swipe right and before I can continue my phone shuts off. The battery is dead from the long night.

I see this as a sign to get up from the couch and make myself ready for bed. Because of the dead battery I don't see the notification from Tinder that pops up.

It's A match!
You and Lando liked each other.

--

Here it is folks, first chapter. I will try uploading each week after races. This story will follow the 2022 season.