𝑬𝒍𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏.

Ophelia

"Here you go, and have a lovely day," I smile, while handing a black coffee to one of our regulars. She smiles back and walks to the exit of the café.

I walk around the counter to clear out a table where two friends just had a get together. After they left the café was empty again. It was just calm before the storm, because it was 3.30 p.m. on a Thursday. Most of the time the café would be busy as ever in an hour.

"He, I'm taking off. You and Sabine can lock up right?" Dave looks at me as he is putting on his jacket. I nod and my boss gives a thumbs up and gestures to the keys that are always in the same spot behind the counter. "We got it Dave, have a good evening." I smile at him and he makes his way through the back.

I lean against the counter while drying a mug. As I look out the window in the door my mind wanders. Where would Lando be right now? In my mind I still call him Lando even though it isn't his real name. Although I have been doubting the catfish story. It's been almost a week since we last spoke. I had to admit that I missed our conversation about everything and nothing.

I take out my phone and look at the messages notification I got last night. I haven't opened it yet, but I already saw what he had sent me. The suggestion to call freaked me out. If he wants to call me, that must mean he has nothing to hide which means he is telling the truth.

I haven't deleted the match yet. Why I don't really know. I think there is a part of me, quite a big part might I add, that still wants to know the truth. Maybe calling him wouldn't be the worst idea. But I don't know when I want to talk to him and how I would want that conversation to go.

If he really was Lando Norris, a weekend wasn't the best idea, because he has to race and his mind would be focused on that. Besides, I don't think it's my responsibility to accommodate him. He can pine after me all he wants. Secretly I like his plea. It shows that he cares. But it doesn't change the fact that he is a liar and a fraud, even if he is Lando.

I sigh and put the mug I was drying on the shelf behind me. As I pick up the second mug I am startled by Sabine who apparently has been standing next to me.

"You scared the hell out of me," I exclaim.

"I thought you were trying to teleport through that door. That's how hard you were staring at it." She pats my shoulder and grabs a towel to help me drying the mugs.

"I wasn't trying to teleport." I sigh, not giving further information about the things I had been thinking about just a moment ago. "Just thinking."

"About Lando?" She looks at me with an arched brow. I purposely don't look at her and stare at my hands that are still holding the already dry mug. "His name isn't Lando." I state quietly. There is no point in denying it. Sabine always sees straight through me.

"You still don't know that for sure." She shrugs and puts away her mug, before grabbing a new one from the sink.

"You still want it to be him, so I can't take your advice since it's biased." I stick out my tongue, trying to make the conversation into a joke so she doesn't go on interrogating my thoughts.

"Very true, it would be amazing. And I don't know him other than from interviews and such, but I gather he's a great guy." She looks at me with a smile. I know she means well but her comments make me uncomfortable. I remember the chat we had about expectations and people having opinions. Maybe he was warning me about his lifestyle back then. Do I want to get sucked into that?

"Is there something you want to talk about Lia?" Sabine asks very seriously.

I hesitate for a moment to decide if I want to show her the message, but then decide against it. She would tell me to call right away. I know I should give him the chance to explain himself. In the back of my mind there is still a voice that convinces me he is Lando Norris. And if he is, do I want to be involved with someone whose life is so public? Do I want to give a chance to someone who is such a liar?

"No, I'll be fine. Just thinking about a paper that is due on Monday. I still need to finish some referencing." I smile, hoping she will let it go.

"Alright, if you say so" She says. "But would it be possible that you have 2 hours this Sunday?"

I look at her questioningly. "What are you planning?" I ask.

She smiles innocently and puts away the mug she was drying. "Well," She drags out the e and I know instantly that she is going to propose something I'm not going to enjoy. "Will you watch the Bahrain Grand Prix with me?"

I try to protest, but she overrules me before I can say anything. "It's just 2 hours and if, and a big if, but if he is Norris you need to start understanding Formula one. Please? I need to start your training and hell, maybe you will end up liking it!" She looks at me with puppy eyes and I sigh, not wanting to start this argument.

"I will think about it, and only if I make my deadline ahead of time." I answer. Before she can beg for more we hear the door open and a guy walks in. He has a suitcase in his hand and looks like he is coming from a hard day in the office. "I will think about it." I say again and go stand behind the counter so Sabine can't protest. 

--