𝑭𝒊𝒇𝒕𝒚-𝒕𝒘𝒐.

Lando

I flop down on the sofa after a long hot shower. Summerbreak had been amazing and very much needed, but now it was back to reality and that meant training and racing. In two days the Spa weekend starts and I am looking forward to the race. Spa has always been one of my favourite circuits and I hope it will remain on the calendar for much longer.

Going back to the paddock will be double with the acceptance that Daniel won't be next to me coming season. I talked to him briefly about it, but he wouldn't let loose much. Only that it is a mutual decision and he will be talking to other teams. I'm going to miss him, he is a great driver and a great man. I have nothing but respect for Daniel and I am determined to let everyone know that.

One positive point about the whole Daniel-leaving-McLaren news is that the fans aren't that fixated on me as an Ophelia. After our public outing on Instagram we both had received many messages, some positive, some negative. We just enjoyed our vacation and tried to ignore all the press and random people taking pictures from us. I am used to it by now, but for Lia it was weird to have cameras on her while we were out together. I keep telling myself that it will get better with time and she already seems to accept the fact she is in the spotlights too now.

With that thought I put my arm around my girlfriend who is lazily hanging next to me. She nestles herself against me and makes a sound of content. "Your training sessions are too long." She starts rubbing my arm and I feel myself relaxing with her. "I know, but they're necessary. You know that, babe." She comes even closer to me, hugging my whole arm and resting her head on my shoulder. "I know, but I feel so alone here when your gone."

That stings a little. I haven't asked her yet to move in with me and comments like that aren't at all encouraging. After my conversation with Max it hadn't left my thoughts, but his reaction wasn't that encouraging. I asked Max and Charles when we were in Greece and they said to do what feels right. So that wasn't very helpful either. I debated asking Sabine or Ashley, because they would know Ophelia's reaction the best, but I didn't want to risk her hearing it before I made the decision to really ask her.

"Didn't you have to prepare stuff for the tripleheader?" She hums something which makes me chuckle. "Don't laugh, I just didn't have the mindset and everything is going to be about you being half Flemish and Daniel leaving anyway."

"Probably, have you talked to him?" I twirl a strand of hair from her ponytail around my hand and play with it. She shakes her head. "Not personally. I only hear what the team knows." She sighs and continues in a mocking voice. "Daniel goes with no bad-blood and we wish him all the luck." She turns around to face me. Her smile is sad and emphatical. "I don't know enough about the sport to judge the team's decisions, but I'm sad to see him go."

"Me too, but it's not up to us unfortunately." I smile sadly and hug her a little tighter. She pulls her legs over my torso and lays against me, turning her attention back to the tv where she was watching a series she has already seen a hundred times. I just look at her, feeling like I need to ask her a million things, but not knowing how to. I love her so much, but Max's words about her not inviting me to meet her parents still float in my mind. It makes me doubt us and keeping secrets is never a good thing. Especially not if you keep them from someone you love.

"Lia," I start sitting up a little, trying to find the courage to ask her about her parents. I don't get the opportunity to go on though. Before I can get my head together she reaches up and her soft lips grace along my neck. The feeling sends a shiver through my spine and goose bumps form on my skin. I feel myself getting lightheaded when her fingertips stroke my upper leg. Her lips press a little higher and a lot harder on the muscles of my neck.

I can't control the moan escaping my mouth when her hand travels up my leg. She grins against my skin before coming into my view. Her hand leaves my leg and the other joins it in my hair. "Hey you," she whispers when her face is inches from mine. I smile back leaning in even closer so our foreheads touch. Just before she can lean in to kiss me I pull her backwards, laying her flat on the couch. I support myself with my arms hanging over her and grin when she lets out a very high yelp. "Hey you."