𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚-𝒇𝒊𝒗𝒆.

Lando

We finished our picnic dinner and were now sitting side by side on the blankets I brought looking over the circuit and the city. On the left of us the sun was setting and it set the sky on fire in different shades of red, pink and orange.

I still didn't fully believe she was her, with me, next to me. I felt so happy when I saw her walking to me at the airport and that feeling hasn't disappeared all day. Every time I looked at her my heart made a jump and my stomach decided to turn into mud. I couldn't deny I like this girl, but I was curious about what she feels for me. And with that I was holding back a little, because we don't need to rush anything. I admitted to myself that I liked her after the first time we called, but now we need to see where this goes. But I can't hide the feeling that after talking for months and now finally being able to meet, I have the strong urge to keep her close to me the whole time. I wanted to hug her and kiss her and have her close.

I look at her hand that rests next to mine. I want to grab it and just feel her hands again. I get nervous just thinking about it. I doubted her will to be physical with me, so I let her hand lay where it is. When we were close this afternoon she broke it off by turning away. I know she was just teasing me, like we've done for months, but the fact that she turned away makes me unconfident and nervous. I don't want to scare her away by going too fast. I need to enjoy the little wins for now.

I was happy with my picnic choice, and I was proud of coming up with the idea all by myself. I didn't want to take her somewhere too public. We needed the time to ourselves to just be with one another. I was glad she loved it. I watched her face light up when I took her to this spot and when she realised what I was planning. She is special and with every word she speaks she becomes more special

"It's a crime," Ophelia mutters. I turn my head to the left and look at her questioningly. She feels that I turn and she looks at me. She nudges her head to the sunset and smiles, "just how beautiful it is here. I am jealous of you."

I frown at that. "Why would you be jealous?"

She sighs and looks at the setting sun again. "You get to see so many places, fly around the world, meet a lot of people. I know you worked for it and everything, but I can still envy you." She explains.

'I'll take you around the world and show you every place I know, we will make new memories together.' is what I want to say, but I bite my tongue and keep my thoughts to myself. Instead I smile and nod, "yeah, I guess I'm a lucky guy." I think for a moment and than ad, "Although, if you get the internship you could come to the next three races as well and I can show you around?"

She looks at me and I see her face fall into a nervous expression. "I should get an email before the end of this week. So we'll know in two days I think." She brings her hand to her mouth and bites the rim of her nail. I haven't noticed that before, but it looks like a nervous habit. I muster up the courage and grab her hand. "Hey, it'll be okay," I assure her, "you'll get it and then technically speaking we will be colleagues."

She nods and her face relaxes, "wouldn't people think I have an unfair advantage knowing you?" She asks. I think for a second, but then shake my head. "No, I don't think so. I don't have much pull in the PR department and the only thing I did was ask around and say I know someone who was interested." I find her eyes with mine and smile softly looking at her. "If you get in it's because of you and your skills, believe me." I say and she nods, "thanks Lan."

I look at her with surprise and see her getting shy. Her cheeks turn pink and she quickly turns her head back to the place where the sun just disappeared behind the hills. I laugh and decide to take my revanche for when she made fun of me in the car. "Lan? I'm sorry, but I didn't know I had required the nickname sunshine?"

She turns back to me and laughs, still blushing heavily. "Shut up, it slipped out. I will never say it again." I feel a snap in my stomach and make a sad face at her. "But I liked it."

She laughs at my face and gives me a light, playful push, "Too bad." She lays down on her back and looks up at the sky where some stars are visible now the sun has set.

"What is your zodiac sign?" Ophelia asked while looking at the stars above us. I lay down as well and roll my head to the side to look at her. "Why do you wanna know? Are you into astrology or something?" I say mockingly. She keeps staring at the sky, but a smile appears on her face.

"No, I just know some star signs, like real astronomy, and wanted to know if I could see yours." She explains plainly. I pull up my eyebrows and look back at the sky. "I didn't know you were into astronomy." She laughs at that and reacts in a mysterious tone, "Oh but there is so much you don't know about me yet." I get curious because of those words and turn back to the girl lying next to me. "Like what?" She also turns her head and our eyes meet. Her face is more serious than before and she seems to be weighing her words carefully.

"I have a weird Deja-Vu," she says, "like we've had this conversation before." she rolls on her side completely and I mirror her movement. "I can't remember talking about star sings with you." I offer as a joke, but she stays serious." Not about stars, about knowing each other. I the first weeks you said something similar about me knowing you more than most people in your life."

I think back to our late night text conversations and she is right. "I think I said that because of the whole 'being famous' thing. Even after I told you who I really was, you kept treading me like this normal guy. That was new for me." I pause for a second. "I need to thank you for that and for forgiving me."

She smiles, "You already did Lando, like a million times."

I smile back at her and feel my stomach make a flip again when she says my name. Hearing her say my name does things to me that are not natural. We keep staring at each other. Her face soft and beautiful, her eyes glistering in starlight and her lips full and a soft shade of pink. They looked very kissable and I felt my heart quicken when I try to find the courage to shuffle closer and take her in my arms. I'm taking a breath to aks her, but before I can find it she rolls back on her back and I feel my inside snap. I curse myself for waiting too long again.

"But to answer your question, I think you know a lot, but I will keep trying to surprise you," She says with a cheeky smile. I need to think for a moment what she means, but then I understand it's a response on the comment she made.

"I'm okay with that, are there things I need to know though?" I aks

She looks at me and her face is lightened up again, less serious than a moment before. "Like what? Allergies?" She jokes.

I laugh and shake my head. "No more like thoughts, feelings, fears?" Now I get serious and search her eyes to see if I can find the answers there. She tries to avoid my gaze, not succeeding very well might I add and turns the question around. "Do you need to tell me something?"

"Lia?" I ask, getting a little scared now she is actively avoiding my question. She rolls back on her side and sighs. "Everyone has thoughts, feelings and fears, Lando." she says softly. "But we need time to come to terms with all of them." while she is talking I feel her hand on my shoulder, gliding down my arm and finding my hand.

I squeeze her hand to comfort her. I shuffle a bit backwards and open my other arm to suggest to her that she can lay by me. "Let me help." I smile.

She hesitates for a moment in which I patiently watch her. Then she comes closer and lays her head on my chest. When I feel the pressure of her head my stomach feels like it's on fire with a primal instinct and in that moment I swear to myself to protect her with all I have.

--