𝑭𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒕𝒚.

Ophelia

It is a rainy morning when I walk to the paddock with my boyfriend by my side. To think that still feels so weird. Lando and I had been inside most of the week, enjoying each other's company and the normal life. We had a few good days to just be together. After Monday morning we talked about, well us, and how we wanted to tell people as I wasn't ready to step into the public eye just yet and Lando didn't want me to either.

I had told my friends off course and Lando had told Max, but further no one knows just yet. We decided to tell the people in the paddock when they'd ask. Most of Lando's friends who were also drivers and members of the teams can know. They would be discreet and we know we can trust them.

All weekend we had been focused on work and performing, because Monaco is an historic track and that comes with a lot of media attention. I hadn't had a moment free, running around with Lucinda. I hadn't seen Lando in the paddock much either, so there was not really time to tell people.

Now we walked onto the grid for race day and I am determined to find Charlotte and Charles. Charlotte and I have been texting now and then and she is the only person who can understand what I'm going through. I look around the paddock while we make our way to the hospitality. I don't see the brunette walking around and follow Lando inside.

"Do you have to be somewhere?" Lando asks me and I shake my head. "My duties don't start until after lunch."

"Okay, I need to meet John for the track walk. Are you going to be okay by yourself?" He was still a good gentleman, making sure I felt comfortable in the paddock. I giggle and look around us, there is no one in sight and I press a quick kiss on his lips. "You're cute when you care about me. I know my way around the paddock by now, Lan. I was actually about to look for Charlotte and maybe Charles as well."

Lando smiles down on me and after a quick look sideways kisses me again. I let myself go for a moment and drown in his touch. He presses a little harder, wanting to deepen the kiss, but I pull away from him. "Not here, love."

He grins sanctimoniously and lets his hand rest on my hip. "Are you gonna tell them about us?" I nod with a smile and he mirrors my expression. "Good, but can you maybe wait with telling Charles and Carlos? I want to tell them myself."

I laugh and admire him. He is so proud of us and it shows on him. I love this man way too much. "Sure, I think Charlotte isn't with Charles to be honest. I can wait to tell her too if you want me to?" I ask unsure. He shakes his head. "No, it's fine. I'll see you at lunch." He says and with one last squeeze in my hand he disappears to the training area.

When he's gone I walk outside again and put up my umbrella. The rain is getting worse and I wonder if the race will even start in time with this much water on the track. I walk to the Ferrari hospitality, hoping Charlotte would be around.

Inside I immediately see Charlotte sitting at the coffee bar. I walk over to her and she waves when I come into her view.

"Hey, how have you been?" She asks while giving me a hug. I sit down and put my umbrella next to me. "It's been a week, that's why I was looking for you actually. Is Charles around?" I look around the main area, but don't see the driver around. "No he went for the track walk about a minute ago, do you need him?"

I shake my head and turn back to my friend. "No, Lando will find him then. I have news." I can't hold the smile off my face when I am about to tell her. She already guesses what I'm going to say and clasps one hand in front of her mouth. "He asked you, didn't he?" she whispers with excitement. I nod and radiate with happiness. "Yes, Monday morning after we came home."

She lets out an excited yelp, which results in people looking at us and I shush her. We start giggling and she takes my hands. "Omg, I'm so happy for you guys!" She says in a lower volume. "Thank you, I am more than happy too."

"How did it happen? I want to know everything." She says while standing up to make a coffee for me as well. I start telling her about everything that happened Monday morning, leaving out the details about me and Dylan. We talk like girls do and discuss every word that was spoken that morning. The whole time I'm talking I feel warm inside, just like I did then and I feel the butterflies come alive in my stomach. Even talking about Lando made me glow and I know now that I am so in love.

We lose track of time while we are talking and before we know it the door of the hospitality opens showing both Lando and Charles walking inside. "Hey you," Lando whispers. He stands behind me and gives me a kiss on my cheek. I see that as a sign he told Charles and I smile up at him. "Hey you, has it been that long already?"

Lando nods back, "It's almost lunch. How are things here?" Charlotte smiles at him, "We've been catching up, how was the rain?" She asked the man standing behind her. He shakes his head and water falls onto the girl. "Very wet." He answers and she scolds him, but laughs quickly after and elbows her boyfriend in a loving way. The two are distracted by each other, so I turn around to look at the man behind me.

"So, how did he react?" I ask him with a smile. "Yeah, he is very happy for us and he promised not to tell anyone who doesn't know, but I think most of the drivers will because tonight we have a night out planned after the race.

"Ooh, a Monaco night out. That should be fun." I laugh at him and he nods. "Oh yeah it is, most of the time."

"Maybe you will celebrate your first win." I poke him in his belly and he laughs. "I doubt that chance is very high, but everything can happen."

I look at my phone to check the time and jump up from the stool I was sitting on. "Speaking about that race, we need to get ready." Lando nods, "Let's go then."

We wave at the Monégasque couple and head outside back into the rain, onto the streets of Monaco where a great afternoon and evening awaits us. 

--