𝑭𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒕𝒚-𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆.

Ophelia

"Happy Birthday Daniel!" I scream into the driver's ear when I give him a big hug. He squeezes me so tight I come off the ground a little. This results in a yelp from me and a chuckle from Lando who is standing beside me. "Don't break my girlfriend, you muppet. You've done enough damage for the weekend."

We all laugh when Daniel apologises again for smacking Lando with a skippy-ball. "I told you a thousand times, it was an accident."

"It better be, because I need this pretty face around," I say, as I give Lando a small kiss on his cheek. His cheeks flush at the act and I can't hide my smile at his adorableness. "Ugh, stop it you two or I will feel alone on my Birthday." Daniel cries to us.

"Ahw don't worry, there are plenty of people who want to spend your birthday with you." I say. "Speaking of, I'd like you to meet my best friends. Ashley, Sabine, this is Daniel Ricciardo. Daniel, meet my friends." I introduce my friends to the Aussie. Or at least try to. Ashley shakes his hand in greeting, while also congratulating him on his birthday. Sabine on the other hand stay's frozen in place, not able to move while looking at the man.

"Bine, calm your ass. He's just a person." I nudge her to shake his hand, but I get an irritated look from her in return. "To you he is! To most people he is a legend, all of those around the paddock are. That you are working with them every week and are comfortable around them doesn't mean everybody is." She hisses in my ear.

"Thank you, it's nice to be appreciated around here." Daniel reacts to her statement, making Sabine turn bright red as she didn't want him to hear her. "Uh- yeah, sorry. Hi, nice to meet you. And happy birthday of course." Sabine stumbles on her words, still accommodating to meeting a formula one driver other than Lando.

"I thought you needed to go for FP1?" I turn to Lando, while the others are talking. I have this weekend off to show my friends around the paddock and to just be with them, but I still know Lando's schedule pretty well. It was nice of Lucinda to give me the free time. There is only one races left of my position with the PR team as my graduation is coming up after the Austrian GP. I hope to stay on after that, but I haven't got an invitation to a possible meeting about it yet.

"I'll leave in a second. What are you up to for the rest of the day?" He sneaks his arms around me, so he can hold me for a moment. I smile at his touch. This man makes me crazy sometimes. If I could I would just take him away to his driver's room to lock us up for the rest of the day to be with each other. I don't voice that desire to him.

"Showing the girls around and meeting up with Charlotte for lunch at Ferrari. Maybe I can get Sabine to get a heart attack, she is a massive Charles fan." He strikes a loose hair behind my ear and grins at me. "You are a little devil." Before I can protest his lips find mine, but I can barely kiss him back when he already disconnects our lips. "See you tonight," he winks before he let's me go and walks away to get ready for practice.

Tonight, our planned dinner with the Norris family. I wont say I am too nervous, but I feel a little knot in my stomach at the mention of the dinner. Meeting the parents is always a big deal. When Lando asked me to meet his parents I started overthinking it. What if his parents didn't like me? How do I act? It's safe to say I've had a few sleepless nights.

"Hello? Earth to Ophelia?" A hand waves in front of my face and I shake my head back to consciousness. "Yes, I am here. Where are we going?" I clap my hands together and look at the girls. I get two faces with the same expression as an answer. "What?" I frown.

"You're spiralling." Sabine says with a pointing finger, as my mom scolding me. "And you know it. Stop that." Ashely ads.

I roll my eyes at them and hook my arms through theirs on either side off me. "It's about the dinner, isn't it?" Sabine ads while we start walking through the paddock. "Let's go to Ferrari." I try to ignore the question, but my friends won't let me.