𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚-𝒕𝒘𝒐.

Ophelia

"Tell me again I'm doing the right thing?" I ask Sabine when we park at Heathrow airport. I am so nervous that I can feel my hands shake. To think about being like this for four more hours is excruciating. I fly to Bologna today where Lando will pick me up and drive us to Imola where we will be staying for the weekend.

"It will be fine Lia, don't overthink everything. It's not like you're flying out to marry the guy," She laughs and I shoot her a look of lightning and she stops laughing. "Okay, I know you're nervous, but for real everything will be fine. And if at any point you feel like it's too much you walk away and call me, okay?" I nod and hug her.

"Thanks for driving me. Are you really unable to come?" I beg again.

"No and I hate it too. You know I really want to, but I can't." She sighs and I pout at her. "Get out, otherwise you'll miss your flight."

I nod and unbuckle my seatbelt. "I'll keep you posted." I say before leaving the car and opening the trunk. "You better, otherwise I'll murder you with love." She smiles at me and I grin back. "yees, thanks Bine. Bye now!" I wave at her when she drives away and I start walking to the entrance of the airport.

After getting through security and getting a tea to calm myself a bit I take out my phone to text Lando. He would fly from Nice and was leaving around the same time as me, although he would arrive about two hours earlier.

OpheliaYou boarded yet?

Ophelia
You boarded yet?

Lando
I'm boarding as we speak. U're at the airport?

Ophelia
Yes, just passed security. I hate that part, It always takes forever

Lando
I'll get u a private plane next time. Then u can skip the security in most parts 😉

Ophelia
Mr. Rich Boy over here. Officer it's this one

Lando
Don't be nervous Lia. I'll see you soon, what's your flight number?

Ophelia
BA 541. I'll see you at the gate.

I lock my phone and take a sip of my tea. It's really happening. I feel the caterpillars in my stomach crawl around when I think about meeting Lando in a few hours. After almost three months of texting and talking on the phone I'm really gonna see him.

It makes me nervous to the bone. What if it isn't as great as when we talk on the phone? What if I'm awkward or shut down completely. I've tried to imagine how I'm going to greet him when I see him at the gate in a few hours but I can't picture it clearly. As if my subconscious is trying to tell me that it's all a big mistake.

I push that thought to the back of my head and put in my earplugs. I put on my happy tunes playlist and make myself comfortable to wait until I can board the plane that will take me to Lando

***

"It's two-thirty five local time and we are approaching Bologna airport. Please fasten your seatbelts and put your chair in an upright position. Thank you for flying with British Airways and we wish you a good day."

I rub my eyes and sit up straight. I fell asleep on the plane, which I needed. I didn't sleep very well last night. The prospect of meeting Lando and being thrown into the F1 world had me up all night. Maybe those 2 hours extra will help me look a little more alive.

I feel the plane touch the ground and I wait patiently while the plane rolls to the arrival hall. I see we get connected to the terminal with a tube. I poud for a second. I always liked getting out by the stairs. That way you can touch the new land you're standing on. But it will have to do and I get up out of my seat.

When I walk through the tube I feel my heartbeat quicken with every step I take. My hand on the strap of my bag feels clammy and I feel the heat rise in my body. When I get to the checkout point I can see behind the glass wall, but I barely dare to look if he's there. I check out and walk through the gates. I look on the board to see where I need to pick up my suitcase, but it feels like I can't read normally. I'm so nervous that my senses give out. I close my eyes and take a moment to get a grip.

"Don't freak out, all will be fine," I tell myself. I breathe out again and focus on the board. I find my flight and see I need to go to belt 4. I walk over there and see the luggage is already loaded onto the belt. I don't need to wait long, because in a few minutes I see my suitcase roll onto the belt. I take it off and walk to the exit. I hold my steps for a second before walking through the exit door into the arrivals hall, this is it. I grab the handle of my suitcase firmly and start walk through the sliding doors.

I scan the hall but there are a lot of people and I can't see through the sea of humans that are in front of me. I walk through the crowd to the back of the hall. When I almost reach the corner, without seeing anyone looking like Lando, I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket.

Lando has send you a new message
It was so crowded inside. I was afraid of getting recognized, so I went to the parking lot. I'm outside at D parking lot. Meet me there?

I let out the breath I had been holding from the moment I walked through the crowd. He wasn't here yet. That gave me a weird feeling, a mix of disappointment and relief. Also it was understandable he didn't want to be seen here. If someone saw us the gossip mill would start spinning and I wanted to avoid that for as long as possible. I wasn't looking forward to people having opinions on 'us' when we were still figuring out what this is. It would happen eventually, I know that, but that doesn't mean we can't try to be discreet for now.

I sent back a message that I will meet him there. He sends me what car to look for, a black range rover, after which I put my phone away and start walking.

It's a short walk to the D parking lot and when I turn the corner I see a couple of cars. With my heart beading in my throat like a time bomb about to explode I look around the parking lot. In the back of the lot I see the back of the black car. Here we go.

I walk towards it and try to look through the windows, but they're blinded. Of Course. When I get closer though I see the door on the driver's side open and there he is.

He is wearing a black jeans and a grey hoodie. On his feet are withe sneakers and his eyes support a pair of sunglasses. I don't need to see his eyes, because the million dollar smile around his lips is big enough to express his feelings. I feel myself mirror that expression and start walking a little faster.

When I'm next to the car I hold and let my suitcase and bag fall to the ground when I let go of the handles and close the gap between us by wrapping my arms around the boy I've been dying to see for the first time. He doesn't waste even a millisecond and immediately returns the hug, even tighter. I can't help myself and take in his scent. He smells of fresh rain, mint and his sharp cologne.

We let go of each other, but he keeps holding my hands. As if he is afraid to let them go, because if he does I will disappear. My nervousness returns, because of the situation and let out a giggle.

"Hey you," I giggle. I look down at our hands and feel the blush in my face deepen. The caterpillars in my stomach decided to do a tap-dance and I feel the air get knocked out of my lungs when he answers with his beautiful voice, sounding like an endless laugh.

"Hey you."

--

I can't stop smiling. Hihihi.
Prepare for what comes next...

Lots of love