𝑻𝒘𝒐.

Ophelia

"Goodmorning, rise and shine on this lovely morning." Ashely walks into my room and I squeeze my eyes to shield them from the sunlight as she opens my curtains.

"Why are you so happy?" I ask while my headache sets in. I remember the fun night we had last night. Immediately also concluding that this day won't be that fun and I will have a major hangover.

"I'm not that hungover and I already had breakfast. That helps. I left you some eggs on the stove," Ashley says. She gives me a smile and walks out of my bedroom.

I lean against the headboard of my bed and take my phone from my bedside table. When I open it I see a notification from Tinder that I have a new match. The first confusion makes way for the memory of the deal I made with Ashley late last night. I dont recall actually downloading it, let alone swiping on anyone.

I open the app and go to the "matched" area to find out what I did in my intoxicated state. A few matches are shown on my screen, but my eyes are pulled to the one on top of the page. I tap his profile and see a smiling, curly haired boy looking back at me. The memory of his smile forms in my mind as I stare at the pictures. His smile could light up a whole dark room and I can just picture the warm sound of his laugh.

His profile doesn't tell much about the guy. His name is Lando, his location is in Woking, he is 22 years old and loves golf and gaming. As I am debating whether to send him a message, I see one pop up on my screen.

Lando
Goodmorning Sunshine :)

Okay, it's cute but it's not the best start of a conversation. I think for a second about what to reply and decide to test his humor.

Ophelia
Really that's your clever pick up line?

Ophelia
I kinda expected something like: "Goodmorning, did it hurt falling from the sky?" And I would be like "why'd you ask?" And you would answer " because you're an angel ;)"

Lando
But when I would've done that, u would roll ur eyes and be done with me and I didnt wanna risk that

Ophelia
🙄

Ophelia
Now I still rolled my eyes. Good job lover boy.

Lando
I am really bad at this. I'm sorry.

Ophelia
At what?

Ophelia
Texting on tinder or just conversing in general?

Lando
Both I think. I'm more of an introvert. Keeping it to myself, u know.

Ophelia
I assure you I'm not that experienced myself.

Ophelia
What are you doing on Tinder? This is the most dangerous place for people who are scared of making human contact.

Lando
I don't know tbh

Lando
I think I needed to find u 😉

Ophelia
For an introvert you know your lines 🤪

Lando
I try sometimes, that doesn't mean I'm any good