𝑺𝒊𝒙𝒕𝒚.

Ophelia

"Oh my god, It's so bright." Looking around at the high buildings around me and all the neon light billboards flashing at me, it overwhelms me. I've never been to New York, but I imagine only Time Square feels like this.

"Turn to me?" I turn around to Lando who is coming out of the subway behind me, camera in hand ready to capture me. I grab the strap of my bag and smile at his lens. I was getting used to Lando covering his face with his camera half of the time I looked at him. It doesn't bother me that much. It actually shows I chose a good gift for him and I love the dedication he has to his new Instagram account.

He actually kept most of the pictures he took from me off that account. He said because it was to keep our relationship a little bit private, but I know he is also trying to protect me. I still get daily messages with death threats, sayings about how ugly I am and how I don't deserve Lando. These message's don't bother me as they did at first. With a little help with one of our press coaches I learned to deal with them, or actually how to not deal with them. I learned that engaging with these people only led to more drama.

Lando walks over to me, wrapping his arm around my waist to keep me close in the busy streets. "I actually don't think anyone will even see me here, let alone recognize me." He chuckles, as he also looks around at the high buildings surrounding us. I laugh at him and nod. "Perks of a big city."

"Maybe we should move here, or to New York or Los Angeles or something. A place where you can disappear into the big crowds of the city." He hums at that, taking it as a serious suggestion. "Maybe I will buy an apartment in one of those places where we can spend the time off."

I burst into laughter at his seriousness and also the absurdity of him thinking about buying a third place. "I was only joking, mister rich boy." The blush coming to his cheeks is almost camouflaged by the neon lights, but still visible for my trained eye. "I knew that."

"Nice try at a safe," I scoff, bumping into his hip with my own, which results in him almost tripping over. "But by all means, don't let me stop you planning out the purchase of your third house." I ad, emphasising the fact it would be his third estate.

"Fourth."

I stop abruptly and look at my boyfriend, who looks at me with a look of such nonchalance that it stuns me how he can just blurt that out. "What do you mean fourth?" I don't know about the existence of a third house. "Since when do you have three?"

He laughs at my utter surprise and scratches his neck, the sign of him being nervous. "I have a manor in Tuscany, did I never tell you that?"

I shake my head furiously. "No, you never told me about a manor in Tuscany!? Where?" my voice is dripping with disbelief. He just shrugs, taking my hand again to guide me further into the streets of Tokyo. "South of Florence."

My eyes almost roll out of their sockets. "You have a home near Florence, one of the most beautiful cities in the world and you hid it from me? How dare you Norris, I am hurt." I clench my chest with my free hand.

Now I am the one being pushed. "Don't be dramatic, you. I didn't hide it, I just never mentioned it. I don't use it, it's mostly for my parents." It sounds like a defence and that was also not my intention. To make him feel like he needed to defend himself.

"You think you know a guy," I laugh, shaking my head. He grins, still a little uncomfortable. "Are there any other secret hideouts I need to know about?" He shakes his head. "Just Tuscany, Woking and our place in Monaco." I nod in approval. We spilt our loving cost and all our other expenses like a normal couple, so most of the time it slips my mind how loaded he actually is. I shake the thought settling into his side by grabbing his arm with my free hand and enjoy this moment.

Tokyo is a huge difference from home and I can't stop looking around. "I knew I would be in love with these streets even before I knew I would be coming here so soon. It was always a dream of mine to visit Japan and now I am actually here." I sigh contentedly, looking up at the man next to me. "It's crazy." I start skipping down the street, letting my inner child out to fully enjoy this dream coming true.

Lando immediately captures the moment and that encourages me to do a few weird jumps. Big city's make me feel alive. That's also why I loved living in London and now Monaco. Behind every window and door is a different story. So many lives taking place in the same décor of such a big city.

I get lifted up into the air, before being twirled around. My legs fly free through the air as Lando makes another round with me in his arms. When he puts me down I keep my hands around his neck, looking up into his beautiful eyes, that are shining from all the lights around us. Looking at him in this moment makes me feel like jelly and the butterflies in my stomach come to life again.

When you spend so much time with each other, especially while you live together, you can lose track of the feeling of love. Slipping into a pattern of comfortable structure with each other. But having him stand in front of me makes my whole being remember how much I love this person.

His lips in a side smile, his eyes gleaming with burning love, love for me, his just too long curls hanging from his forehead, his hands resting on my hips in a completely innocent way, just to hold me close to him. "I feel like I could burst with happiness that we are here, that I can feel like this. Love you this much." It wasn't my intention to say that out loud and I slap myself mentally for letting my overwhelming thoughts get out.

Luckily Lando's smile just becomes more meaningful and his hand strokes my loose hairs hanging around my face. He looks like he is studying every inch of my face, so concentrated does he look at me. I feel he could burn a hole through me with his gaze. His eyebrows knit together and he lays his chin on my head, holding me even closer before saying, "I promised that I'd bring you here one day."

I dig in my memory, but can't recall when this dream was mentioned before. "Did you?"

He nods softly, looking back into my eyes. "Do you remember our twenty questions when we started to talk first, just after we matched?" Digging deeper I recall what he is hinting at and an astonished smile comes on my face.

"I told you I always wanted to see Japan," I mumble at him.

"Well, I promised myself after that conversation that one day I would take you here." He gestures around him at the city around us. "And here we are."

I am not looking at our surroundings. I can only look at the amazing man in front of me. He remembered. All these months and he remembered. He listens to everything I say, notes it in his brain and takes the effort to act on the information. I am speechless as the big meaning of such a small gesture hits me hard.

"I love you so much, Lando Norris." Lando looks down at me in surprise when he hears me using his full name. Before he can say something I pull him close and lay my lips on his, trying to communicate all my feelings through the kiss. Trying to let him know how much it means to me, how much he means to me.

He pushes me back a little, so we stand to the side of one of the buildings. Our lips never disconnect as we both are swallowed by our bubble of love. We forget about the fame, the people around us being able to capture everything if they would want to and just be two young people, immensely in love with each other. Just an ordinary couple making out on a dimly lit corner in the streets of Tokyo.

--