𝑭𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒕𝒚-𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏.

Ophelia

I jolt up from the couch where I am just laying down again. I hurry to the bathroom, emptying what is left of my dinner into the toilet. I cough loudly before sinking down with my warm head against the tiles of the wall.

I make a detour through the kitchen to make some tea. I don't want to get dehydrated from all the vomiting I have been doing the last two days. While I wait for the kettle to be done I hear the front door open and I look up.

"Your personal get well committee is here!" Ashley chimes, holding up a basket full of fruits, biscuits and self-care products. Sabine follows with two bottles of wine, holding them up in the air. I laugh at the two of them, which immediately results in a coughing fit.

"You shouldn't have, you will get sick too." I shake my head, focusing on the kettle that's ready. "Sit down, I'll do that for you." Sabine pushes me to the couch, taking over the mug from my hands. I smile thankfully, not having the energy to fight against them and accepting the smuttering.

"How are you feeling?" Ashley asks as she sits down on the other end of the couch. "Not that good. I hope it will be over soon or I'll have to skip France." I lay my hands on my stomach, putting pressure on it to take some of the aches away.

"It'll be fine, just a stomach flu, here you go." Sabine ads as she gives me the tea. I thank her and fold my arms around the mug. "Has Lando been by yet?" She opens a bottle of the wine she brought for her and Ashley, pouring two glasses and getting comfortable in the chair where she took a seat.

"No, it started Wednesday and he has lots of training this week. He's still in Monaco and I forbade him to fly out, just because I have the flu." Sabine nods looking at her phone. She looks distracted and I can see something is bothering her.

"Max?" The name alone makes her eyes light up. They had talked after all and he apologised for going unreachable. He had given her an excuse about family problems and being needed at home. I'm still a little sceptical, but they seem okay so I promised Lando not to get involved any further.

Sabine shakes her head and her expression turns into a troubled frown. "Have you been on social media this week at all?" I don't understand where she is going with this, but I shake my head. "No, I've been watching series to keep me occupied and sleep a lot. What's going on?"

Ashley and Sabine share a look. I'm getting anxious now and sitting up a little straighter. "Tell me, what is happening." Sabine types something and I get a notification on my phone. My eyes grow wide as I see the screenshots from twitter and Instagram.

"Apparently you two have been spotted in Austria. People know your face from around the paddock and the rumours that were already going around. They quickly put two and two together. This photo leaked yesterday and is going viral." Sabine explained as I look through the stuff she sent me.

'Sleeping with a colleague, that's trash'

'She isn't even pretty.'

'Lando can't do this to us'

'I hope she is fired for this, wtf.'

'I hope she dies, Lando deserves better.'

Tears prick behind my eyes. I look up at my friends who watch me with concern. "I knew this was going to happen." I whisper, closing my phone, not wanting to read another word. I knew this was coming sooner or later, but I am not prepared for it.

Until now the rumours where just that, rumours. And my face wasn't that visible on other pictures, where we also weren't clearly romantic with each other. Too vague to make something out of, but this one clearly shows it's me, kissing Lando and those comments are brutal.