𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚-𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆.

Ophelia

"Shall we?" He asks and takes my bags off the floor. He opens the trunk and puts away my luggage. "Thanks, can I keep my handbag?"

"Oh yes sure," he hands me my handbag and I smile before walking around the car and getting in on the passenger's side. I almost got in the driver's side. I've been outside of the UK before, but driving on the right side still confuses me.

Lando gets into the driver's seat and buckles his seatbelt. "You ready?" he asks, smiling at me. I nod and he backs out of the parking lot. It is silent for a moment and I feel a little awkward. I feel the need to talk about something, but just asking how his flight was seemed a little dull.

"So, how was your flight?" Lando asks after a long silence. I burst out laughing, considering what I just thought about. He looks at me quickly and I clamp my lips together trying to hold my laugh. "Is that funny?" He asks. He doesn't look offended, more just confused.

"I'm sorry, I'm not laughing at you. This situation is just strange." I chuckle and ad, "and addressing it right now makes it even more awkward."

He laughs and shakes his head. "No, it doesn't. I'm happy you were even willing to come."

"Yeah, people would think I'm crazy. Including me," I laugh and he laughs with me. "But to answer your question, I slept through the whole flight."

"I maybe just asked to fill the silence." He sounds a little embarrassed and keeps his eyes fixed on the road while we speed along the highway. I, on the other hand, keep looking at him. His little blush is adorable and his jawline is a little more defined than it was a second ago, like he was chewing the inside of his mouth. "You're such a dweeb." I laugh and he turns his head to look at me with an offended expression. "You are rude."

"Wanna take me back to the airport?"

"No thank you, I'll just teach you manners." He turns his head back to the road after saying that. Which I don't mind, because I start laughing and blushing at the same time. He realised what he said and laughed too. "That sounded way too sexual, I'm sorry. I need to find my pace around you."

I smile and nod, "yeah, I think that's only normal. We kinda just met, we just happen to know more stuff about each other. I think getting to know someone is also about getting to know about habits and certain ways of moving and behaving in general. We know the big things, but the little things are just as important. How to act around each other, all that stuff."

He doesn't answer right away and when I look at him he has a vague hase over his eyes. "Or is it weird I put it like that?" I ask, getting uncertain if I said something wrong. He shakes his head and I feel a little more relaxed.

"No, it makes perfect sense. It reminded me of something Max said to me once." He doesn't explain further so I ask, "What did he say?"

He looks at me again quickly and his smile returns. "Not important." I nod and leave it at that. I glide down in my seat and put my feet up on the dashboard, looking at the italian landscapes flying by us.

"You know this isn't my car right?" he chuckles when he sees my sitting position. I make a cocky face at him. "No, you didn't mention it." I don't take my feet of and he doesn't make any more remarks about it. We settle in a comfortable silence in which we just enjoy being next to each other.

"I love Italy," I break the silence with a smile. "It's just so green all around us. The sun makes everything look like it's in a spotlight, but it doesn't make it look dry. Like a painting, but moving because of the wind."

"So you're a nature girl?" he asks curiously. "Not in particular, I just can appreciate a good landscape. Don't you?"

"Sure, and a good walk now and then. But nothing physical."

I laugh at that. "No, you don't like being physically active, mister high performance athlete?"

He rolls his eyes and smirks, "You don't understand." I feel a little offended and let out a huf. He looks at me with his cheeky smile and I try reading his thoughts, but I notice that I still need to practise that. He has a very expressive face where sometimes you can exactly see what he things, but with little changes and nuance I can't pinpoint the little things he is thinking.

"You're staring, it's impolite. You are a more improper person than I thought" He says and I slap his arm that results in both of us laughing "No I wasn't staring" I counter.

"Then what were you doing?"

I frown and look at him even harder with an overdone expression of interest. "Trying to understand and read your mind." He laughs at that and looks at me, "Who are you? Wonder woman?" I shake my head and lean back in my seat. "No, even though that would be really cool." He nods at that and focusses back on the road. "I would prefer spider-man."

"Which one?" I ask and he looks at me with a questioning look. "We've had three." I explain and he tilts his head up in an understanding movement. "Ah like that, yeah no I just want to be like the comics. Swinging on a rooftop and being super strong would be really cool." He pauses for a second before adding, "I know Tom though."

I giggle, "is this some way of trying to impress me with name dropping? I googled you remember, I know you and Tom Holland are buddy's." His cheeks turn a little darker and I chuckle. "Ahw and now you're blushing. You didn't lie when you said you weren't that good at conversing." I mock him and to even further his embarrassment I ruffle his hair.

He acts quickly and grabs my hand and brings it down before I mess up his hair too much. "Shut up, or I'll turn around." He tries to sound intimidating, but with his blush and the pouting look he looks more like an upset puppy. I smile at him and don't say anything more.

He doesn't let go of my hand and I'm hyper aware of the feeling of his hand in mine. I say a quick prayer that my hand doesn't get clammy and feel every detail on his hand on mine. The lines, the roughness from the work he does and they're bigger than I imagined. That thought makes an unwilling connection to the size of another body part of him and when that thought shoots through my head I almost choke on my breath. I start coughing and let go of him to grab my water bottle out of my bag.

"You okay?" He watches with a concerned look until my cough is over. "Yeah, just a throat itch. I think from the air in the plane or something. I'm fine." I lie and smile to sell my explanation to him. He nods, but his face doesn't relaxe.

"Well we are almost there, so you can freshen up at the hotel soon before tonight." he says before taking the exit off the highway.

"Wait, what are we doing tonight?" I ask, realising what he had said.

His smile returns and without looking at me he says, "That's a surprise."

--