6.don't bother

Keerthi :

6 months later....

" keerthi mam please.... you have to come with is for this conference... you are our last chance please... " Vaibav and my other students pleaded me for the nth time.

Our hospital is a medical school and sometimes I use to teach them when some of their staff is busy . So these students are much more familiar with me. Now they want me to accompany with them to the medical conference in Chennai.

" Okay fine... but next time don't dot on me " I accepted their request .

" Thank you so much mam . It means a lot to us " they said in chorus.

At Chennai...

After attending the conference I was walking around the hotel since the students wanted to enjoy.

While walking I saw a familiar figure from afar. Its none other than my husband. He was talking to someone smiling, the smile which he lost since our marriage.

He said he was in London but seeing him right here hurts me. Why should he have to lie to be away from me.

I tried his number. I saw him picking up his mobile and checking the caller ID and then cutting it. I smiled bitterly. I stopped trying to call him.

" Mam let's go " students pulled me along with them. We were walking in the direction where Siddhu stood.

Our eyes met when I walked towards his direction. I walked past him along with my students not bothering to confront him. I don't want to bother him anymore. I don't want to lose my self-respect or dignity infront of him.

We went to the beach and played there. We were totally drenched in sea water. I enjoyed along with them because I don't want my students to lose this moment in their life.

Later we reached the hotel drenched , giggling. We went to our respective rooms to freshen up. After freshening up I went to have a cup of coffee in the restaurant on the ground floor.

Again I saw my husband there having a talk or meeting with someone. But it never bothered me. I ordered my coffee and sat on the farthest corner so that I won't see him.

" mam coffee " I nodded my head to the waiter smiling.

Meanwhile having the coffee Siddu came and sat infront of me. Neither of us said anything. I had my coffee quietly.

" you are here for... " he asked me

" medical conference " I said sipping my coffee.

" I'm sorry for lying I just needed time " he said to me.

" Don't bother, you don't have to stay away from your home because of me.... you could have told me you wanted to back off from the wedding... I would have stopped it at any cost " I said smiling bitterly.

" anyway I will try something " I said keeping the bill on the table.

" no you don't have to " he said but I never bothered. I left from there to my room.

I laid on the bed looking at the ceiling thinking of my life... how it has changed upside down this soon...

****

Be safe ...

Vote and comment...