39. her demise

Vishwa:

          I  was feeling restless in the school since the morning.  But at afternoon I was unable to handle it.  So I took sick leave and went back to home.

      I  opened the door and entered the home. My heart sunk looking at the scene infront of me. It was keerthi sitting on the floor and her dress was stained by blood.

" kee.. keerthi " I called her swallowing the lump in my throat.  She looked at me with her puffy red eyes.

" she left us " she said in a whisper.  I took her to the hospital without thinking much.

The duty doctor said she was having a miscarriage and I should sign the paper. After signing it I sat outside covering my face with my hands. I cried as much as I could. I never cried even when Rekha cheated on me.

But I cried today on loosing the baby. We had planned  a lot with the baby but now its just a oasis in the dessert.

The doctor came out and asked whether I need the feotus for a proper burial. As I said yes the doctor gave me my baby . Tears burst out of my eyes. I kissed her forehead

" I'm sorry baby daddy can't save you. " I said to her.

Later I gave her a proper burial which I had deliberately hidden from Keerthi.  The doctor informed me about some sort of drugs in her system which led to the miscarriage.

When I confronted keerthi she told me everything about her broken marriage and it should be someone from her in laws house who did this.

She cried day and night for the loss of her baby. Even I cried but never infront of her.  I wanted to help her overcome this phase. So I hided my pain and stared bringing her out of her misery.

I  became the pillar that she could hold on when she was falling.  As the days passed she dimension of our relationship started to change bit by bit.

She started avoiding  operations on her patients.  She just did the consulting. When I  confronted her she said she was scared to deliver babies now a day. She had a great breakdown on that day.

" take a break Keerthi.  Do something that could bring you out of this misery " I said holding her hands.

" I want to open a bakery " I laughed at her clutching my stomach.  Because anyone who knew keerthi well knows that this girl doesn't know the meaning of cooking.

" okay stop laughing.  I will learn it from you tube " she said

" I don't want my kitchen to burn " I told her clutching my stomach as it was painful from all the laughter.

" The  teach me Chef Vishwa " she said dramatically.

" okay I will " I  told her.

Thus she started to learn how to cook. Yeah twice she burned the whole kitchen.  After which I installed a fire extinguisher in our kitchen.

She showed much interest in baking than cooking.  So I decided to give more concentration to that part which led to...

******
Vote and comment 😇😇