38. Care

Vishwa  :

The past continues...

                   I   carried her into my house and laid her in the guest room. I tried to wake her up many times and I got scared. So I  decided to call  the doctor who has a clinic on the next street.

  Thats when she woke up and I sighed in relief.

" you gave a heart attack women " I  told her clutching my chest. She chuckled hearing me.

" so how far are you " I asked her pointing towards her stomach.  She closed her eyes tightly and showed me her four fingers. I understood this is a sensitive topic for her.

The was she isn't wearing a wedding chain and the pain in her eyes  did not let me ask more about her.

" where are staying.. maybe I can drop you there "

" at pk hotel " she said trying to sit up on the bed.

" what you are pregnant and staying at some sort of hotel " I yelled at her. She nodded her head. I  did not like the idea of her staying there.

" you can stay here "  I insisted her.

" nah I will stay there. Its really comfortable there Vishwa "  she told me with a little smile.

" I'm not asking you to stay here for free. You can pay me the rent monthly.  Maybe I can your landlord " I suggested.

" please keerthi... I  can't let my pregnant friend  to be alone .. pretty please " after much pleading and insisting she said yes.

Thats how we started staying together in the same house. She was working at a hospital.

It was the beginning of her sixth month. Her baby bump was much more prominent now. Though she looked happy she wasn't really happy. 

One day when I entered home she was eating panipuri  and watching  cook with comali ( a comedy cooking show ) in TV.

I did not have the mind to disturb her. So I freshened up and sat beside her with a cup of coffee.

" Keerthi "

" hmm " she hummed without taking her eyes from the TV. She wasn't paying attention to me.

I don't know why but I looked at her bump and I  wanted to touch the bump. So I  placed my hand on her bump and the baby kicked.
She looked at me with wide eyes.

" the baby kicked " she murmured looking at me. I smiled at her with a bit of tears in my eyes.

" I  love you  baby " I  told  keeping both my hands and the baby kicked again.

" see she loves you already  "  Keerthi pouted faking angry .

" she..." I asked her confused

" yes its.. um a she "

" perks of being a Gynecologist " I said sarcastically.

" um keerthi can I kiss  your bump " I asked her nervously. She  stayed quiet.

" hey its okay you don't have to.  Its just I wanted to ask... "

" yes you can " she said in a low voice.

" Are you sure " she nodded her head. I lowered my head and placed a small kiss  on her bump. The baby kicked the place where I kissed.

After that it was my routine to talk to my baby.... as it sounds good. I started loving the baby as mine. We started having deep connection.  I use to kiss the bump daily whenever I'm around her.

But the happiness did not last long....