☞︎︎︎𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗☜︎︎︎

"(Y/N), this is Kaburamaru. He is a snake that belongs to us Demon Slayers." Obanai introduced his fellow snake friend and then beckoned me to stroke it.

Its skin was scaly and white and smooth. The texture was similar to that of plastic however it felt alive and not dead. His eyes were a deep crimson which matched his pure white skin. Living in a lab has taught the snake to not bite anyone who touched him, was it because he was comfortable with humans or because he was treated harshly? I think it might be the first option.

(Y/N) seemed to have calmed her shocked heart down as her brain started to process the fact that this snake wasn't a threat in her brain. Kaburamaru seems to like the female company. Living with humans also taught Kaburamaru how to sense human emotions. Using this skill to his advantage, Kaburamaru nuzzled the girl's cheeks softly, knowing full well that the girl did not fear him anymore and wanted to show his affection.

(Y/N) was rather surprised that a snake was capable of showing human-like actions despite being a reptile. It did not waver her heart at all. Instead, it made the two unique pair closer.

Obanai watched the two in silence, amused by the scenery before him. Kaburamaru had always been quiet, just like Obanai and barely show affection out of nowhere.

'Animals are more sensitive to human emotions.' Obanai thought. It was a fact and it had been proven true right before Obanai's heterochronical eyes. 'Knowing that doing that may ease the girl's terrified heart, he did that.'

Obanai smiled at the two as they continued to exchange small interactions with each other. It was as if Obanai was a parent who just saw his child grow up except Kaburamaru is more like a friend, this applied to (Y/N) as well.

"Kaburamaru is my best friend. He has brought me much happiness with his actions. I hope that he can make you feel better and that you both will have a good relationship with each other." Obanai said, stating his reasoning as to why he brought (Y/N) here.

(Y/N) was glad that Obanai had seen her worthy to befriend a snake he adores a lot.

With a huge smile on her face, (Y/N) turned to the heterochromatic-eyed male and nodded.

That small gesture was enough to widen the smile behind Obanai's mask.

𝐓𝐚𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬シ︎
𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒌 𝒊𝒔 𝒑𝒖𝒓𝒆𝒍𝒚 𝒇𝒊𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒂 𝒎𝒊𝒙𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒔𝒄𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆. 𝑺𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝒎𝒂𝒚 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒔𝒆𝒏𝒔𝒆 𝒉𝒐𝒘𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒃𝒚 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒆.
•(𝒀/𝑵) 𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒆𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒅 𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒔𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝑶𝒃𝒂𝒏𝒂𝒊 𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒚. 𝑭𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕 𝒃𝒆𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑴𝒊𝒕𝒔𝒖𝒓𝒊.<3
𝑶𝒃𝒂𝒏𝒂𝒊 𝒉𝒂𝒅 𝒂 𝒔𝒍𝒊𝒕 𝒎𝒐𝒖𝒕𝒉 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒊𝒎𝒆. 𝑰𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒐𝒐𝒌, 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒍𝒊𝒕 𝒎𝒐𝒖𝒕𝒉 𝒊𝒔 𝒓𝒆𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒆𝒅 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒂 𝒔𝒄𝒂𝒓 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒂 𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒐𝒓 𝒊𝒏𝒋𝒖𝒓𝒚.

𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬 : 455