☞︎︎︎𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎☜︎︎︎

"Sister, please reconsider," a quiet voice trembled softly. The owner of this quiet voice was none other than Kocho Shinobu, one of the hashiras of Kimetsu Academy. The female was visibly upset and it was shown all over her frowning face.

Within the walls of the Butterfly Estate lies several empty bedrooms all prepared to accommodate guests. The master of the household was currently out of town due to his occupation and he needed to produce more medicines for the people in the west, leaving his two daughters and wife at home along with the countless servants running the place.

Despite the numerous beings existing inside this humongous building, where Shinobu resided was far from the chaotic atmosphere, of the main building. Shinobu stayed in a rural area with a limited number of people and barely any noise. This, Shinobu thought, was the ideal environment for her to carry out her science investigations.

Sitting on her bed now, Shinobu found herself in distress. Shinobu watched as her sister sighed heavily beside her. The older female held a form in her hands, crumbling the paper in the process. Silence flooded the air as the two sisters stay quiet, none of them said anything after Shinobu's enragement.

"I'm going to leave Kimetsu Academy," Kanae, Shinobu's older sister announced out of the blue which resulted in the surprised look on Shinobu's face as the younger sister turned to stare at Kanae in disbelief. Kanae, on the other hand, was composed and did not show any signs of emotions.

"It doesn't matter what you say, I've already made up my mind," Kanae continued when she noticed that her sister was going to say something to convince her to not change schools. "I love Kimetsu Academy, I really do," Kanae trailed off. "But I need to do it, changing schools I meant. Don't cry Shinobu, it's only mandatory. I will return to Kimetsu Academy after I finish my course elsewhere."

Shinobu, however, was still upset. It was visible from the tears that escaped her eyes and rolled down her cheeks. Her sister was going to leave Demon Slayers, she was going to leave Kimetsu Academy, and she was leaving Shinobu. Why? Well, Kanae was asked to inherit the Kocho Pharmacy however to do so, Kanae needed to attain a specific diploma from a prestigious school overseas.

"Father said that it was fine if you did not want to do it. Sister, I know that you don't want to inherit our family's business. It's fine if you don't want to do it, no one is forcing you." Shinobu whispered.

"It does not matter whether I like it or not, Kocho Pharmacy requires an heir. The ideal heirs are either you or me but I know that you don't want to work at a pharmacy therefore, as your sister, I'm granting you a chance to live the life you want. Since one of us had to step up and bear the weight of our family's business, I think that it should be me." Kanae reasoned, there was a hint of sadness in her voice.

"And anyways," Shinobu peaked up. "I've already signed the papers. I'm required to leave tomorrow morning." Kanae announced unexpectedly.

Shock was Shinobu when she heard what her sister had said, she was leaving tomorrow, without informing Shinobu beforehand and only when it was too late.

At that moment, Shinobu broke down. The sweet girl facade she had tried her best to keep up with had fallen, along with her knees as she dropped down to the floor.

𝐓𝐚𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬シ︎
𝑲𝒂𝒏𝒂𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑺𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒐𝒃𝒖 𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒂 𝒘𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒕𝒉𝒚 𝒇𝒂𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒚 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 𝒐𝒘𝒏𝒔 𝑲𝒐𝒄𝒉𝒐 𝑷𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒎𝒂𝒄𝒚, 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒆𝒘 𝒎𝒐𝒔𝒕 𝒑𝒐𝒑𝒖𝒍𝒂𝒓 𝒑𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒎𝒂𝒄𝒊𝒆𝒔 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒄𝒊𝒕𝒚.
𝑺𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒐𝒃𝒖 𝒆𝒙𝒄𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒅 𝒊𝒏 𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒑𝒐𝒊𝒔𝒐𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒍𝒆 𝑲𝒂𝒏𝒂𝒆 𝒆𝒙𝒄𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒅 𝒊𝒏 𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒅𝒐𝒕𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒎𝒆𝒅𝒊𝒄𝒊𝒏𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝑲𝒂𝒏𝒂𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒔 𝒔𝒉𝒆'𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒄𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒅𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒊𝒏𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒇𝒂𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒚'𝒔 𝒃𝒖𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒔. 𝑲𝒂𝒏𝒂𝒆 𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝒄𝒉𝒐𝒔𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒅𝒚 𝒎𝒆𝒅𝒊𝒄𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒄𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒅𝒐 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒊𝒏 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆.
𝑲𝒂𝒏𝒂𝒆 𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒖𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒂 𝒕𝒆𝒂𝒄𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒕 𝑲𝒊𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒔𝒖 𝑨𝒄𝒂𝒅𝒆𝒎𝒚 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒍𝒆 𝑺𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒐𝒃𝒖 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒂 𝒔𝒄𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒔𝒕.

𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭 : 685