☞︎︎︎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚘𝚗𝚎☜︎︎︎

"Welcome back! How was the trip?" Douma exclaimed, running up to open the door for (Y/N) only to be met with Daki's ice-cold eyes. The male's once hyper demeanour was instantly replaced with a replica of Daki's deadly aura.

"It went well! We picked up a variety of flowers. Can't wait to experiment on them!" You commented, beckoning towards the bags filled with flowers that occupied your arms.

"How lovely!" Douma smiled, and the chilling atmosphere immediately morphed into a loving and affectionate one. Douma took the goods from both (Y/N) and Daki's hands, ensuring to leave a scratch mark on Daki's arm and brushing his fingers oh-so-slowly across (Y/N)'s fingers. If you confront him about his acts he'll deny all accusations, but the goofy grin on his face proves your argument valid.

"Take a seat, let's begin our meeting," Akaza said, pulling a chair and signalling towards (Y/N) to sit down before slowly pushing the chair back in, careful not to harm the supposedly fragile being sitting down.

You watched as Akaza, Daki and Douma scurried back into their seats before you were about to ask for the current reports the team had prepared when Kokushibou had already presented them to you with both hands.

You looked up and saw the senior's bored expression before your pupils landed on the report he had put together.

"I didn't even say anything yet-"

"Knowing what the boss wants before being asked of it is part of my duties as a secretary," Kokushibou stated, his monotone and deep voice sending chills down the young female's spine.

(Y/N) tilted her head to look at Muzan, sending him an 'is-this-true?' look to which he slowly nodded.

'I didn't know secretaries had so many rules and regulations to follow,' (Y/N) thought as she received the neat pile of documents from Kokushibou, softly mumbling a 'thank you'.

(Y/N) spent some time skimming through the document, absorbing the information with great interest and attention. It felt like the world revolving around her did not exist and that she alone was the sole soul present, that she was kept away from the rest of the people around her. That was the magnificent feeling she felt while reading.

'Overall, Demon Slayer and Twelve Kizuki both have similar data and hypothesis,' the girl was deep in thought as she remembered her fellow friends from Demon Slayer, flashing a quick smile from the memory before returning to her serious expression. 'Their goals are also similar yet quite different. One wishes to get rid of Xeroderma Pigmentosum yet the other only wishes to produce a sunscreen for those with Xeroderma Pigmentosum. The only obvious difference is one solution is temporary and the other is permanent. Now that I thought of it, it would seem a bit odd for the Twelve Kizukis to create an ointment and not a cure... Is there something that I'm not aware of?' (Y/N) glanced over at the team members who were waiting eagerly yet nervously for her to finish assessing their progress throughout their years in the Twelve Kizukis.

"Before I begin, I wish to understand the project a little more," (Y/N) begin, placing the documents down on the table on her left. The slight screeching sound of the wooden chair when the young female stood up silenced the already quiet room further. Subconsciously, (Y/N) released an intimidating demeanour throughout the laboratory. The dark-themed room matched this 'ice' queen's vibes completely. "Why is it that the objective of your project is a temporary solution to Xeroderma Pigmentosum but not a permanent cure? Is there a reason why all of you are against the idea of being free of Xeroderma Pigmentosum?" The bubbly attitude (Y/N) had put up had been replaced with a demanding tone, which greatly increased the impact of her questions. Answers. That was what the female was hungry for.

"That Is considered too personal to tell others," Muzan immediately answered, as if he had already anticipated this question and had prepared a straightforward answer. "Only those who are officially part of the team have access to such information." Muzan finished, his eyes warning the young female to not get too cocky, yet with a hint of disturbance hanging by the male's eyes. It was vivid how unpleasant this topic must be to them.

"Then I apologize for bringing up some possibly upsetting memories. I'm merely attempting to satisfy my curiosity, do not mistake my intentions. Putting the matter aside, let's get down to work."

𝐓𝐚𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬シ︎
•𝑴𝒖𝒛𝒂𝒏 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒔𝒂𝒍𝒕𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒆𝒂𝒎𝒎𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒔 𝒍𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 (𝒀/𝑵) 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒅𝒐 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒉𝒊𝒎.
•𝑫𝒂𝒌𝒊 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒒𝒖𝒆𝒕 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒊𝒏 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒓𝒐𝒐𝒎 𝒕𝒐 𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒊𝒕 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒃𝒆𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒅𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒚𝒆𝒅 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒂𝒃.
•𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒗𝒆 𝑲𝒊𝒛𝒖𝒌𝒊𝒔 𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒚𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑼𝑵𝑶 𝒂𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚'𝒗𝒆 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒊𝒔𝒉𝒆𝒅 𝒔𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒖𝒑.

𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭 : 782