☞︎︎︎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚜𝚒𝚡☜︎︎︎

Nakime just nodded in response before lifting the bachi again, then suddenly slamming the bachi down. The bachi and string created a powerful strike which produced a loud and assertive sound, causing (Y/N) to quiver for a mere second. After one powerful sound, there was a short pause before many more came. Nakime's fingers move so quickly that (Y/N)'s eyes could not keep up. Skilful and graceful were Nakime's hands as her fingers gripped onto the bachi firmly, dancing on the biwa, creating a wave of loud yet rhythmic and addictive tune.

All of a sudden, Nakime's movements quietened down and just like a loyal follower, the sound of the music gradually softened due to the control of Nakime's bachi. Like dancers, the leaves of the oak tree fell, flying on the wind and surrounding the two girls. The leaves and wind created a soft and hustling sound which vibrated through the air. It felt as though Nakime was a conductor and the wind and leaves and her biwa were the different instruments with the school campus as her stage, an orchestra was formed.

(Y/N) found herself lost in the soothing sound and gently swaying to the beat of the wind. It was interrupted by the sudden change in pace as Nakime's fingers travelled the strings nimbly. Her action quickened and the soft sound sounded exciting and mysterious. With great anticipation, (Y/N) held her breath as the mellifluous sound gradually morphed into what you would hear in an action movie.

The rate of exchange between an upbeat sound and a euphonious tune also gradually increases with Nakime ending the whole piece with the same note she started with.

"How was it?" Nakime smiled, placing her biwa down and resting her bento on her lap as she began to unwrap the cloth tied around her bento and open the container.

Absolutely amazing. That was what the piece was. I could not even describe and phrase the piece given the limited vocabulary this language had to offer. No description and compliments would ever do this piece justice.

(Y/N) decided to Nakime a small round of applause to cover up her speechlessness. "It was perfect... What piece is that?" Still stunned by the performance, (Y/N) only managed to mutter out one mere compliment. The female mentally blamed herself for it.

Nakime placed her chopsticks carefully inside her bento. "I composed the piece myself."

"WHAT?!" Disbelief was (Y/N) as she suddenly stood up. Nakime smiled sweetly at the girl and patted the roots of the oak tree, gesturing for (Y/N) to sit down. (Y/N) obliged.

"I want to become a composer and perform my pieces one day," Nakime explained, tracing the outline of her precious biwa. "That's why I produce music in my free time. I even have a WisteriaTube account where I upload my pieces to gain recognition for my work..." Nakime trailed off, slightly nervous for she thinks she was talking too much.

(Y/N) didn't notice and nodded her head, "You must be pretty famous online given your talents and creativity. What's your account? I want to listen to more of your pieces?"

Just as Nakime was about to open her mouth again, Douma came running and screeching at the top of his lungs. God knows what that idiot is up to this time.

"Nakime you're so sly! Keeping (Y/N) all to yourself!" Douma chided his quiet teammate before turning to (Y/N). "We're almost done eating and going to go back into the lab soon, both of you should start eating or else there won't be any more time," Douma said, pointing at the barely-touched bentos of theirs.

(Y/N) and Nakime both wolfed down their food.

𝐓𝐚𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬シ︎
𝑵𝒂𝒌𝒊𝒎𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒍𝒚 𝒊𝒏𝒔𝒑𝒊𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒃𝒚 𝒀𝒐𝒊𝒔𝒂𝒌𝒊 𝑲𝒂𝒏𝒂𝒅𝒆 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝑷𝒓𝒐𝒋𝒆𝒄𝒕 𝑺𝒆𝒌𝒂𝒊.
𝑵𝒂𝒌𝒊𝒎𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒏 𝒏𝒖𝒎𝒆𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒔 𝒎𝒖𝒔𝒊𝒄 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒑𝒆𝒕𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒏𝒐 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒔 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒌𝒔 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒂𝒔 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒑𝒓𝒊𝒛𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒉𝒂𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒎 𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒅𝒐𝒓𝒎 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒊𝒔𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒈𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒖𝒕.
𝑫𝒐𝒖𝒎𝒂 𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅 𝑵𝒂𝒌𝒊𝒎𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 (𝒀/𝑵) 𝒕𝒐𝒈𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒓𝒆𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒄𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒂 𝒘𝒂𝒍𝒌 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒛𝒆 𝒔𝒍𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒔𝒕 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒇𝒂𝒄𝒆.

𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭 : 672