☞︎︎︎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛☜︎︎︎

"No! (Y/N) will be eating with me!" Douma's voice broke the mysterious aura Daki and (Y/N) gave off by standing at the corner with Daki whispering her wish to (Y/N). The loud male gained the unwanted attention of the other members and soon, most of them ended up surrounding the poor new leader. Nakime had left earlier saying she prefers the quiet atmosphere and wanted her break before the rest of the members came.

"No. (Y/N) won't be eating with any of you." Muzan declared, butting into the crowd. "There's something I wish to speak with her." There was a moment of silence and no one moved. With a sigh, Muzan grumbled, "Alone. Kokushibou stay. The rest of you, leave."

The tone was absolute and full of authority. Dejected, the other team members quickly scurried off, each carrying their bento as they left the laboratory, leaving only (Y/N), Muzan and Kokushibou in the room.

'What is so important that he had to speak to me alone like this?' (Y/N) thoughts, mentally panicking.

Seeing the young girl still standing there and not moving, Muzan inched closer and tilted his head slightly, watching the girl's dazy expression with amusement. Subconsciously, a gentle grin crept onto Muzan's face.

From a distance away, Kokushibou watched his leader and newcomer attentive. It was a shock to Kokushibou to say the least, seeing his leader leaking emotions for a girl he had just met. Having followed Muzan with utmost loyalty most of his life, he was accustomed to his leader's ways. Not once had Kokushibou seen Muzan smile for anything other than valuable data and results from scientific experiments. Having been more rational than his leader, Kokushibou had to end the deafening silence by butting in between (Y/N) and Muzan, holding a flyer in his hand.

The vibrantly coloured flyer contrasted the dull room, bringing everyone's attention to it. The headline 'Science Fiesta' was printed in bold, drawing the spotlight to itself. Kokushibou turned to (Y/N) and handed the flyer to the girl. The young female accepted the flyer and scanned its content.

"What is this about?" (Y/N) questioned, for the flyer itself did not contain much useful information apart from the enthusiastic encouragement to attend the event.

"The Science Fiesta is one of the few traditional festivals Kimetsu no Academy still celebrates annually. During the Science Fiesta, each research group will send two representatives to attend a science competition. This competition is very popular as it serves as a showdown between groups."

Kokushibou paused and waited for the recipient to process the overflowing amount of information before proceeding.

"But of course, that's not all the Science Fiesta is all about. Apart from the competition which will take place on the last day of the festival, each class and research team will host a booth all around the school for students to engage in fun yet meaningful activities which bring out the importance of different science topics. The school will also invite alumni to give talks and host other activities."

(Y/N) nodded, signalling for Kokushibou to enlighten the young female why this was relevant to her.

"The Twelve Kizuki would like to formally invite (Y/N) to represent the Twelve Kizuki in the competition. We firmly believe that you are more than capable to take on the challenge and bring us victory." Even with a monotonous tone, Kokushibou seemed keen on the idea of having (Y/N) act as one of their representatives for the science competition.

"So?" Muzan finally spoke after listening attentively to Kokushibou's introduction. "Do you want to do it?"

The girl was at a loss for words. She was suddenly reminded of Gyomei who had asked her to represent Demon Slayer in the competition.

'Ah... I have to choose between the two again?' (Y/N) thought, trying her best not to show her frustration on her face.

"I will... Think about it."

𝐓𝐚𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬シ︎
•(𝒀/𝑵) 𝒊𝒔 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒕𝒆𝒎𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒑𝒆𝒕𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒔𝒖𝒓𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒕𝒐 𝒓𝒆𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒆𝒏𝒕.
•𝑴𝒖𝒛𝒂𝒏 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑲𝒐𝒌𝒖𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒃𝒐𝒖 𝒖𝒔𝒖𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒖𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒂𝒃 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒍𝒖𝒏𝒄𝒉, 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒗𝒆 𝑲𝒊𝒛𝒖𝒌𝒊𝒔 𝒐𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒏 𝒘𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒘𝒐 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒇𝒐𝒐𝒅.
•𝑫𝒂𝒌𝒊 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑮𝒚𝒖𝒖𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒎𝒂𝒅𝒆 𝒍𝒖𝒏𝒄𝒉 𝒃𝒆𝒄𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆.

𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭 : 697