Chapter 5

With the passing of the months y/n had settled in very well in the palace.
Thor, Loki, Odin and Frigga immediately made her feel part of the family, even the people took her arrival pretty well.
-Come on, Loki. I want to go to the library. Pleaseee.- she begged, tugging at his sleeve -I need a book that your mother told me to read to understand better how to use and control my power.- she said. 
-Alright, alright, y/n. Let's go then. Lead the way.- he said as she smiled at him. 
-You're the best. Let's go.- y/n said.
Loki and y/n started to walk through the corridors of the castle and during those months she had managed to learn the whole castle. 
Loki, despite the first time he had seen her he had thought that she was going to steal his mother from him, but instead found himself bonding quite a lot with her. 
He found her a good presence and a good company to study magic with.
She was also nice to talk to, not like everyone else who seemed to have something against him, even if he had never done anything wrong. 
-Is this the one you were searching for?- he asked, showing her a book, with a dark blue leather cover with some golden decorations. 
-Yes. Thank you.- she said, taking it from his hands, sitting at the table.
-Too dark. Let me fix this.- Loki said, sitting next to her, flicking his hand, creating light, coming from the tips of his fingers. 
-Wow. That's amazing.- y/n said, truly amazed by his magic. 
-It's a simple light spell, mother will teach it when it's the proper time.- he replied, with a sweet smile, as he helped her find what she needed to. 
-Hey y/n, why don't you come and play with us?- Thor asked y/n, with his head peeking out the door of the library, followed by three other children.
Volstagg, Hogun and Fandral. 
-Ehm...- y/n saw Loki look down sadly, being that they never invited him to play with them -No, thanks. I would like to stay here a little longer, with Loki.- she smiled and saw Loki open his eyes wide. 
The three snorted loudly. 
-Okay. When you want, you know where to find us.- Thor smiled and went out followed by the others.
-Why didn't you go with them? I know how much you like being outdoors.- Loki said, leafing through the book, when the door was closed again.
-Yes, but right now I want to read and be with you.- she smiled at him, not wanting to leaving him alone. 
-What do you think if we go under the oak tree in the gardens to read?- Loki suggested -So we can also be outdoors and read.- 
-Yes. That's an amazing idea.- y/n said, with a wide smile which Loki had to reciprocate. 
They took the books they were reading and went to the gardens. 
At that moment no-one was there. 
As they passed some rose bushes, y/n stopped to admire them. 
-Something's wrong?- Loki asked, stopping a few steps forward. 
-No, no. I was just admiring these. They are beautiful.- she said gently touching the petals, careful not to ruin them. 
-Yes, I agree. Mother says they give color to the gardens.- Loki replied, giving her a soft smile.
They sat down at the base of the tree and started chatting.
When y/n put her hand on the grass, to put the book down, she saw a blue light and then a flower grew right there.
-Loki...was...was it me?- she asked, withdrawing her hand, in surprise and shock. 
-I think so.- he said with a little smile, to reassure her -We should warn mother.-
-Yes, let's go.- she nodded, bringing her hand on the pendent. 
They ran back to the castle and informed Frigga of the incident, after checking, she confirmed that it was y/n's doing.
-Well, looks like we have an enchantress here with us.- she smiled sweetly -If it happens again, any little thing, just let me know right away, okay?- 
-Okay, I'll do it.- y/n nodded, smiling.
-Enchantress, uh?- Loki asked her -It's a cute nickname. Enchantress. I think I'll start calling you that.- he said, with an amused smile. 
-If I'm an Enchantress, you're a Trickster.- she talked back, with a challenging look. 
-What would be Thor's nickname then?- the Queen asked, amused by the two children. 
-He'd be...- y/n said, thinking about it. 
-Thunder...- Loki continued, trying to think of a nickname. 
-Oh, oh. He'd be Thunderhead.- y/n said, proud of herself. 
Frigga held back a laugh, as Loki bursted in laughter. 
-How's it going with the reading?- she asked.
-Very good. Loki helped me to find that book, I will start to read it later.- I smiled.
-I'm happy to hear that.- the woman smiled at both of us -What do you think if I tell you a story?- she said sitting on the grass, Loki and y/n gladly accepted, sitting on either side of the Queen. 
-Once upon a time...- and she began to narrate, as the children hung on her lips, listening intently. 
Around lunchtime Thor, sent by Odin, came to call them. 
Back at the palace, after lunch, the princess decided that Loki and her would go out to play with the other children, so she went to knock on his room, which was across her and Thor's rooms. 
-Loki?- y/n called him. 
-Yes?- he asked as his doorknob lowered and his head peeked off the door.
-Shall we go and play with the others?- she asked. 
-You know they don't want me to be around.- he replied, looking down.
-It means that the two of us will play alone. Come on.- she took him by the arm and pulled him out of his room.
-Why don't you just ignore me like everyone else does?- there was some hesitation in his voice.
-Because you are my friend and you are helping me.- she replied, smiling at him -So? Let's go?- 
-Yes, let's go.- he said, smiling back at her. 
Loki wasn't sure why y/n was so nice to him, but he enjoyed having someone around. 
From that day on they became almost inseparable.