Chapter 23

The days passed and the date of the ball arrived. 
That morning y/n had been awakened earlier than usual, giving her time to wash herself calmly, fix her hair, decide on some jewellery and, finally with the help of a maid, put on her dress and had her corset tightened. 
Looking in the mirror her heart skipped a beat. 
In those few and fated memories that she still remembered, the image of her mother and hers matched perfectly almost in an odd way. 
-You're all ready, princess.- the maid said, bowing the corset strings and admiring her work -And if I may, you look absolutely gorgeous.- 
That maid was one of the oldest and you could say that she saw y/n growing and treated her like it was her own granddaughter or niece. 
-Thank you, Revna, you're always too nice.- y/n smiled sweetly at the old lady.
-I'm not, dear child, I'm just speaking the truth.- the woman replied -Your companion will be lucky.- 
Before she could reply someone knocked at the door, making both of them turn their heads. 
-Princess?- a masculine voice called and she recognised it as one of the guards.
-Yes, come in.- 
The guard opened the door and walked in, coughing as if to announce himself. 
-Can we help somehow?- the woman asked, with a forced smile. 
-The sovereigns and the prince are asking for princess y/n. Heimdall is already in position and the Bifrost will be opened when you'll reach the golden dome.- 
y/n nodded as she felt her heart in her throat.
It was the first time she was leaving Asgard and she was quite restless.
She knew how she had to act with the other royals, sorcerers or sorceresses, enchanters or enchantresses but still the anxiety made itself felt by tangling her stomach.
y/n tried to calm down by holding the pendant in her hand and taking deep breaths.
-Okay. Let's go.- the princess said. 
-Wait.- Revna said, as she almost walked out of her room -You were forgetting your tiara.- 
-Oh, yeah.- she said bowing her head, so the woman could put it on her head -Thank you.- y/n smiled sweetly. 
-You don't need to. Now go, make your parents and the sovereigns proud of you.- Revna whispered so the guard couldn't hear.
-I will.- the princess said, straightening her back -I will.- 
Accompanied by the guard, y/n reached the throne room. 
Loki, Odin and Frigga were there, waiting for her.
Despite the fact that the Queen shouldn't be out of the bed, she had insisted on seeing Loki and her, even if for a second, before they left. 
-Oh dear.- Frigga said, with the brightest of the smile when her gaze was on her -You look so beautiful and graceful.- 
In that moment Loki and Odin turned their heads too. 
Loki's jaw almost dropped, but made sure not to be noticed.
That dress suited her perfectly.
The way the corset wrapped her chest and the skirt her waist.
The way the hair was made framed her face perfectly.
The way the jewellery made her eyes shine even more.
She was absolutely ravishing. 
-Frigga's right. You are charming, y/n.- Odin complimented her, with a smile, as Loki stood there, speechless. 
-You can't even imagine how much you look like her right now.- Frigga told y/n, as her gaze became more nostalgic. 
Needless to say that Frigga meant y/m/n. 
-Do I?- y/n asked, as her gaze continued bouncing between the two royals -Really?- the knot in her throat made itself felt, making it difficult to talk. 
-You certainly do, sweet child.- the Queen smiled in a motherly way, approaching her and caressing her cheek. 
-They would be so proud of you, dear.- Odin said, as he placed an arm around his wife's shoulders. 
-They should already be going and not staying here. Come on, just go you two.- she said to Loki and y/n -y/n, dear.- she whispered -Please make sure he doesn't feel overwhelmed or doesn't overthink. Make sure he's okay, will you?- 
-Of course. I would have done it anyway. There was no need to ask.- she replied, whispering back. 
-Now go or you'll be late.- Odin said, then they quickly greeted each other before leaving the throne room. 
As they walked Loki summoned his courage and decided to compliment her.
-You look...enchanting.‐ he said, opening a door, then moving to the side so she could pass before him. 
-Thank you.- she smiled as she felt heat in her face -That's because I'm an enchantress?- she asked, with a grin, trying not to smile too much.
-No, that's because you're truly enchanting today.- Loki replied -More than the usual I mean, of course.- he immediately added, not wanting to offend her.
-Oh, thank you.- she smiled, feeling her heart a little lighter.
y/n adored when he complimented her for every small thing, because he noticed every small detail and made her feel special. 
-You're welcome but it's just the truth.- 
-You look mysterious and charming.- y/n told Loki, who immediately blushed, not used to compliments. 
-Oh...thanks. Really.- he smiled at her as they walked through the entrance of the castle and headed to the Rainbow Bridge and Heimdall. 
Their anxiety was becoming more and more every step they made, but they knew they weren't alone and this gave them the strength to continue. 
-Princess y/n. Prince Loki.- the man with golden eyes greeted them as they walked in the golden dome.
-Heimdall, good afternoon.- they both greeted him, at the same time.
-The Bifrost is ready when you're ready, your Majesties.- Heimdall informed them, giving a quick look at his sword. 
They exchanged a rapid look, then nodded.
Heimdall raised the sword and put it in some kind of altar that was in the middle of the dome, when he turned it, the portal opened. 
-Do you feel ready?- y/n asked Loki, as they approached the portal. 
-Not even remotely.- he replied -You?- 
-Neither do I.- she smiled, offering him her hand, which he gladly accepted, before being sucked into the portal.