Chapter 16

y/n had a strange sensation, as if everything around her was moving at an impressive speed, which lasted a few seconds, then everything returned to normal.
-Are we there?- the princess asked, stamping her foot several times on the ground to make sure it didn't break.
-Yes, but you can't take the blindfold off yet.- Loki said, still holding her hand to guide her.
He pulled it off just for a second to fix it better, so that their fingers were intertwined.
Loki was glad she couldn't see his face, because he was flushed and had a grin from ear to ear.
-Admit that you just want to hold my hand and that's it.- y/n said to annoy him and giggled a bit, trying to hide her surprise and happiness.
-Oh no, how did you find out about my plan?- he asked in a dramatic tone, returning the irony of the girl.
But y/n was sure and even if she could not see him, that he had rolled his eyes.
They were both enjoying the walk in silence, with the noise of the leaves crunching under their feet as they walked.
It wasn't the first time and they were happy by just having the other around.
-Is the present something material or something abstract?- y/n asked after a while.
-Well...I...I don't even know how to define it.- Loki replied after thinking about it for a moment.
-Sorry, what do you mean you don't even know?- she asked, holding back a laugh.
Loki smiled softly involuntarily, hearing her laugh.
-Well...my present for you consists of taking you to a place, so it is material because it exists but it is also abstract because I cannot physically give you this place.- he explained to her -I really hope you understood.- he said, giggling in an awkward way.
-I did, don't worry. Anyway it's typical of yours.- y/n replied, shaking her head in amusement.
-What is typical of mine?- he asked, confused as he turned his gaze on her.
-You managed to come up with existential doubts even on a simple question like this.- she replied, laughing a bit.
-It's not my fault if I, on the contrary of you, use my brain.- he replied, with a bit of pride in his tone.
-Hey!- she said complained -This was really evil, you oaf snake.-
-Sorry, sorry.- he said -Anyway we just arrived.- he announced, then he let go of her hand and y/n felt him position himself behind her, then fumbling with the knot of the blindfold -When you are ready you can look.-
When Loki took it off she found herself in front of a village and a castle that seemed abandoned.
Only a few seconds later y/n realized it was Etiof.
Suddenly she was overwhelmed by the few memories she had left of her childhood, her parents and the people who lived in the castle and in the village.
-L...Loki?- y/n turned to look at him with tears in her eyes.
-Are you okay?- he asked worriedly seeing her reaction -I...I thought you might like it...I didn't mean to...sorry.- he babbled out, as a little shame was visible on his face.
-No, Loki...it makes me more than happy...really...I couldn't ask for anything better.- y/n said throwing herself on him to hug him tightly, laying her head on his chest.
-Oh well...- he said with a relieved sigh -For a moment I thought I had ruined everything.- he said enjoying her body against his.
-No, you haven't, don't worry.- she said, drying her tears.
-Well, let's go for a walk, shall we, princess?- he smiled at her, with a bow, making her giggle.
-I thought you'd never ask.- y/n gave him a smile and they started walking around the abandoned village, while she pointed out the places she remembered -Here...- y/n pointed to the spot in front of them -Here. Here is where they killed them.- then she pointed to a window of the castle -I saw everything from there.-
The scene appeared for a second, as a flashback in her mind as clear as it was the day that happened.
-I can only imagine how you felt.- Loki said, putting his arm around her, trying to give her some comfort.
-The world just collapsed on me. I think if that woman hadn't woken me I would have died. Some days I think it would have been better, I would have suffered less...- y/n admitted.
-You don't even have to think about it, okay? You're fantastic and I don't think your parents would like to hear you say these things.- he said in a sweet voice -I think my life without you would have been much sadder. I really owe you so much.- he smiled at her and tightened the grip on her shoulders a little, bringing her closer.
-I owe you a lot too, Loki.- she returned the smile.
-Should we enter the castle?- he asked as he lit up his hand, she nodded and did the same.
As they were about to enter y/n heard a noise and let out a scream, feeling her heart pounding and she clung to Loki's arm, making the prince blush a little.
-It's all right, don't worry.- he said, trying to calm her down -It will be just some wild animal.-
-Yes, sorry.- y/n said pulling away and blushing a little, embarrassed by herself.
Then Loki did something y/n didn't expect, he took her hand, making their fingers intertwine.
-Is this better? So you know I'm always by your side.- he smiled at her, not knowing how he found the courage to do that.
-Yes...it's a little better, thanks.- she replied, very embarrassed.
They walked around the castle and found the old room of y/n's parents.
-Would you like to go in?- Loki asked her, unsure.
y/n just nodded and lowered the handle.
When they entered, it came to y/n's mind all the times she had been in that room.
y/n saw the dressing table where her mother was usually combing her hair singing some melodies.
She shrugged her shoulders then walked to the wardrobe and opened it.
All her mother's dresses, that when she was little she envied and craved so much, were still there.
-Do you...do you think I can take them?- y/n asked hesitantly, as she took them out and contemplated for a moment.
They were still perfect as she remembered.
-Technically they are yours, so yes.- Loki said examining the room.
He was imagining a little y/n walking around as her mother tried to keep her calm.
y/n placed the dresses on the bed showing them to Loki, as he pictured them on her body.
After taking the most beautiful ones, they finished the tour of the castle and went back to Asgard.
-Lokes, thank you very much. I could not ask for a better birthday.- she said hugging him and giving him a kiss on the cheek, after quickly putting the dresses in her wardrobe.
-You're welcome, y/n/n.- he said, blushing -Wanna go back to the gardens? At least if someone search you they'll find you.-
-Do we really have to? I'd rather stay here. It's more calm.- she complained.
-I know. But you're the Princess of this ball. So come on.- Loki said, linking their arms.
-Okay. At one condition though.- she said.
-Which is?- he asked, as they stopped walking.
-I'll take my shoes off. My feet hurt a lot.- y/n said, taking them off and showing them to the Prince, who just laughed, and a few seconds later she joined him.
Their laugh was the only thing you could hear in the gardens.