Chapter 10

The next day y/n was perfectly fine, just like everyone had hoped. 
Although Loki didn't dare to leave her side, afraid that she could be hurt again.
It was the last thing he wanted now.
He had to be ready if something had happened to her.
Also because if it would have happened again he wouldn't have forgiven himself. 
y/n didn't mind having him around though.
It was actually the opposite, actually. 
Unless Loki was angry at Thor or something like that, especially if they had an argument. 
y/n hated to see the two of them in disagreement, in particular if they started to belittle the other. 
This is what had just happened and now she, under advice of the Queen, was directed to the younger Prince's room, since he had run away from the hall after Thor had said something not so nice, just because their mother, in the blonde's opinion, preferred Loki to him. 
When she arrived in front of his door she knocked in a particular way that only the two of them knew.
They had created this "code" that no-one knew apart from them.
-Hey Trickster, can I come in?- she asked, leaning her ear against the wooden door. 
-Come in...- he whispered in a barely hearing way. 
y/n without thinking twice, lowered the handle, making the door creaking as it opened. 
Loki was sitting on the floor, against the bed, with his legs gathered to his chest, and his face hid in the space between his knees. 
y/n hated to see him like this.
-Hey Lokes.- she whispered as she approached, kneeling next to him. 
-Hey y/n/n...- he said, without raising his gaze.
-The things Thor said aren't true and you know it.- said she, sitting next to him -He probably doesn't even think that. Sometimes he just talks without thinking. You know how he is. So don't give it too much weight. Alright?- she asked, placing a hand on his knee, with a half smile.
-Yeah, I know, I know. But he can't treat me like that just...just because he's father's favourite.- Loki said with a sigh -He can't blame me if I can do magic and he can't.- 
-What do you say about joining your mother for tea? I'm sure she won't mind having us around.- y/n proposed, knowing how much Loki enjoyed tea.
-I don't see why not.- the prince replied, standing up.
After adjusting his clothes, he held out his hand for her.
She accepted it, with a smile, then they both walked in the direction of the hall. 
When Frigga saw the two kids walking in, she immediately reached them.
-My sweet boy, I'm sorry about what your brother said.- the Queen said, caressing his cheek. 
-Worry not, mother. I'm quite fine.- he said, moving his gaze on the Princess with a half smile. 
-I'm relieved to hear that. Thank you, y/n, for being there for my son.- she smiled, placing a hand on her shoulder. 
-It's my pleasure, Frigga, really.- the girl smiled. 
-Something tells me that you're here for the tea, aren't you?- she asked, moving the chair and glaring at the table, a few feet from them. 
-Of course not, mother. We're are here to spend some time with you...- Loki said, trying to be the most serious he could.
-And also for the tea.- y/n added, chuckling a little, seeing Loki's expression changing into a little and weird frown, that he did every time something went differently than he had planned.
-I'd love to, my dear, but I have etiquette lesson with Thor.- the Queen explained -Feel free to stay, if you want, although I know you already know how to act.- 
y/n immediately glared at Loki, as to say to him "better leave the sooner we can, before he arrives" since she wasn't sure about how they would have reacted after the argument. 
But apparently the younger Prince had something else in his trickster mind.
-I think we can stay for a bit, can't we, y/n?- he asked, with a weird tone that the girl couldn't understand. 
-Yeah, I guess we can.- she replied, tilting his head a bit and staring at him in confusion. 
What was he thinking about? 
They sat at the table, which had already been set by the maids, and a few moments later Thor walked in. 
-Morning mother, I'm here for my lesson...- he said with a smile before he noticed the other two -Oh, morning y/n...morning brother.- Thor said, pronouncing the last name with contempt, Loki and y/n greeted him too.
Then Thor took the seat next to his mother, then in front of them were the younger Prince and the Princess. 
Frigga started explaining to his eldest son the basic rules. 
Loki had a simple plan in his mind.
He just needed to wait for the right moment. 
-What are you thinking about?- y/n whispered to him, when Frigga and Thor were distracted. 
-Me? Nothing. Why would you say that?- he replied, in a low voice, trying to sound truthful. 
-I know that look, Loki. Come on, tell me.- she said, glancing at the other two to make sure they weren't being heard.  
-You'll see. Trust me. I'm the God of Mischief after all.- he said, with a playful smile. 
y/n wasn't too sure, but didn't say anything. 
After a moment the Queen and Thor came back and sat back. 
Frigga was now showing him how to correctly drink tea. 
Immediately after the cup touched Thor's lips and the liquid reached his throat, Loki, with a gesture under the table, casted a spell transforming the liquid into a fair enough big worm, but not that big to make him suffocating. 
Right when Thor coughed it out, Loki transformed the worm back into tea, making him spit all the tea on the table, on his mother and the two other kids too. 
-Thor, are these manners to you?- Frigga asked him, quite shocked. 
-But...but mother...that wasn't tea! It was something...something soggy and slimy. I swear.- the god tried to justify himself. 
-I'm not mad. I'm just disappointed, my son.- then she looked at the other two -I'm sorry, y/n, let's go and get you changed. You too, Loki.- she said getting up, followed by the two kids.
Loki, to his own surprise, managed to hold back a laugh, until he was sure he was all alone.