Chapter 33

It was a couple years that y/n and Loki were on Earth, and they did like it, but the idea of coming back to Asgard was what they wanted, although they did like staying with that group of Midgardians, who called themselves Avengers. 
One day, out of the blue, while everyone was in the tower, relaxing after a mission, a sudden light out of the building caught their attention. 
-What was that?- Clint asked.
-I don't know.- Nat said/signed for Clint.
y/n and Loki immediately looked at each other. 
-That's the Bifrost, I believe.- Thor said, moving his gaze on the couple. 
-That means that...- Steve had started too talk, but was stopped by Jarvis.
-Mr Stark, King Odin and Queen Frigga from Asgard are here.- the metallic voice said. 
-The King and the Queen themselves?!- Bruce whisper yelled, turning to the three gods. 
-Apparently they are.- Steve replied -Any idea on why they're here?- 
-I could have one.- the enchantress replied, looking at Loki. 
-You think they came to bring us back?- Loki asked, with a voice full of hope. 
-I think so, yeah. What other reason should they have to come to Earth?- she asked, glancing at the door and Loki. 
-Just go and see what they want, c'mon, you don't want to make a King and a Queen wait, do you?- Tony said. 
-You are right, Tony.- y/n said -Trickster, let's go.- 
-Alright, darling.- he stood up, following his girlfriend -Brother, are you coming?- 
-I'll be joining you in a bit. I don't want to ruin your moment, y'know.- he replied smiling. 
-Alright, later everyone.- y/n said as she and Loki walked away. 
Noticing she was touring her hands while she walked, Loki slipped one of his in her, and squeezed it to let her know he was there for her, causing her to smile softly at him.
When they stepped outside they immediately saw two figures, the first walked faster and hugged them tightly, as the second was some steps behind.
-Oh, my dear son. Oh, my sweet y/n.- Frigga said, not caring that a queen shouldn't act like that. 
-Oh, mother. We missed you.- Loki said, with a cracked voice, as his face was buried in the blonde hair he knew so well. 
-Yes, Frigga, we really did.- y/n said, as her eyes got shiny.
-Ehm, ehm.- Odin coughed, making them realize he was still there. 
-Father...sorry.- Loki said, as he broke the hug with her mother, a moment later y/n and Frigga broke it too. 
-Allfather. Allmother.- y/n bowed down a little, it was a courtesy more for Frigga than Odin. 
-Loki, y/n. I imagine you know why we're here.- the King said, as Frigga smiled, not being able to hide her happiness. 
-We can come back?- Loki asked surprised, widening his eyes -Really?-
-For real?- y/n asked, not being able to control her smile. 
-Yes, sweet children, for real.- the woman replied, nodding. 
-We are so pleased to come back to Asgard. Thank you for the opportunity to have us back.- Loki said to Odin, trying to sound as composed as possible. 
-You're welcome.- Odin replied, but it was obvious that he wanted to say something more.
-Dear, is there something else you wanted to say?- Frigga asked to her husband. 
-Yes. I wanted to...to apologize...to you, Loki.- he said, making Loki look around, caught by surprise -I shouldn't have lied to you about your origins and I shouldn't have compared you and Thor.- he said truly sorry and ashamed for what he had done.
-It's okay, father, you don't have to apologise.- Loki said, still a bit under shock, giving a quick look to y/n.
His eyes were telling everything he couldn't say out loud.
-I have to, my son. Because I had been very, very unfair towards you and you still didn't say anything, but followed my orders quietly without making any fuss, despite they weren't always right. I really hope you can forgive me one day, my son.- continued the King -That's why I want to nominate you and y/n as next King and Queen of Asgard.- 
Now both y/n and Loki were shocked by Odin's words.
-But...father...that's a very big decision...- the prince said, having some difficulties to understand what was happening -I would be honored, but...but what about Thor? Does he know about this decision?-
-He does.- the Queen stepped in the conversation -Actually, it's his idea.-
-What?- y/n and Loki said at the same time, making the sovereigns smile a little. 
-Yeah. He decided that he liked Midgard that much that he would rather stay here then rule Asgard.- Odin explained.
-And he knows you feel like fish out of water here, so he proposed that he would have stayed here and you two would have ruled Asgard.- the Queen added. 
-So...- the King said, seeing that the other two were quite speechless -Would you two like to rule Asgard?-
-Of course it's a big responsibility but we know for sure you can do it amazingly.- Frigga continued. 
The prince and the princess looked at each other for a second before turning to the sovereigns.
-Yes, we would love it. Thank you so much for giving us this opportunity.- Loki replied. 
-We hope we can be as good rulers as you.- y/n said, smiling as Frigga took her hands in hers.
-You'll be an amazing queen. I just know. Everybody will adore you.- the woman said. 
-I'll try to be the best king I can. I promise.- Loki said to Odin. 
-I know you will, son, I know you will.- he placed a hand on his son's shoulder and gave him a reassuring smile. 
They were ready to go back to Asgard, but y/n and Loki stopped them.
-Before we go we need to say goodbye to the others first.-
-Yeah, obviously. Take your time, we'll wait here.- Odin nodded.
The other two rushed into the tower, telling Jarvis to call everyone down immediately. 
-What's going on?- Tony asked.
-We're leaving, Stark. We're going back to Asgard.- y/n announced, directly.
-And we will become king and queen apparently.- Loki said, glaring at his brother.
-Uhm...surprise, I guess?- he made a half smile, raising his hands. 
-Oh, Thunderhead.- y/n laughed, hugging him -I'll miss you. I'll miss everyone of you.- she said, as they were all hugging goodbye, with the promise that they would have come to say hello every now and then.