Chapter 05

"Young Lady, it's so... it hurts so much."

Cassius murmured pitifully, clutching the blood-dripping dagger tightly. Seeing the scene in front of me, I was able to confirm one fact again.

Even if he does insane things like this, his eyes are still ecstatic.

His pale, tired face only made his beauty stand out more.

But, this man was a bastard who, as soon as he saw the lovely Ophelia, would go blind and slaughter our family. If I had not come up with the genius idea of ​​filling a pond, I would already be in a terrible situation.

"Sniff..."

The situation in which he stabbed himself in the chest and ended up dying was quite funny, but I should never laugh.

'If I bring Cassius in, undoubtedly, he will be treated formally in the mansion.'

My parents would never miss the opportunity to heal the heir of Duke Brudenell.

'It would be already too late by then. No matter how hard I try, Cassius will eventually meet Ophelia...'

That was the flow of the original novel.

Even if the irreversible river water is blocked and turned into a dam, it will collapse in an instant due to a small crack.

And, the two will be destined to be drawn to each other by fate.

Perhaps Ophelia is such a good heroine that she will try to save this person herself.

After that...

Well, it is obvious even if I do not say it.

To be honest, I wanted to kill Cassius in this state. He has already been fatally wounded by wielding a knife at himself.

So, even if I had never received proper training as a knight, it would still be easy to kill him with just a single blow.

However, if I murder the heir of the Duke of Brudenell, I have no clue what kind of wrath may come upon me.

"..."

I bit my lip tightly.

In the meantime, it seems like this angel-faced demon is forcing me to nurse him-Just like Ophelia in the original novel!

Still, there was only one place I could possibly hide him.

The basement.

When it comes to aristocratic mansions, it seems that there are many secret passages and many secret spaces, regardless, in the end, the reality is reality and the novel is just a novel.

The County has over a hundred employees, and it would be clean every day so the entire space was shining brightly. The many warehouses and attics were no exception.

Except for one place, the basement.

It was because of my mother's strict orders. She said, 'The employees in our family are busy. There is no need to manage the place where that lowly thing stays.'

So, no employees had access to the basement where Ophelia was living.

Strictly speaking, the visit itself was not prohibited, but no one dares to visit because Ophelia was being bullied openly in our family. Therefore, if Cassius Brudenell is safely transported to the basement, he will be able to heal the wound without anyone noticing.

This fact is certain, as it has already been verified in the original.

Ophelia had nursed Cassius in the basement for over a week, but she had never been caught.