Chapter 25

They quickly moved away from Ophelia.

Seeing that, she stared intently at David through the dusty window until he was completely out of sight.

'I need to clean the windows, too.'

Until now, Ophelia has not cleaned the windows. It was because she had no reason to look out, anyway.

However, now... She has a reason.

Since she has a friend who will visit her.

At that, she took a damp rag and started wiping the window. By the time she finally wiped the windows to a sparkly gleam, a loud noise was heard.

'....?'

Curious, Ophelia put her face close to the window as she tried to find the source of the sound.

A group of people was coming in from the entrance of the Duke's mansion.

'They seem to be guests.'

As Ophelia, whose interest had been shattered, was about to fall from the window, a face she knew all too well came into view.

"....!"

She was so startled that she dropped the mop.

Evelyn, with her head upright, was entering the Duke's mansion proudly.

"Sister!"

At that moment, Ophelia thought nothing more. Even in her plight situation of being half-captive by the Duke, how Evelyn came to this place, and why she is coming in proudly, instead of being dragged back.

So, she did not even notice Cassius Brudenell, who stood by Evelyn's side and gazed down on her as though she was lovely all the time.

Evelyn was the only one who caught Ophelia's eyes.

Her older sister.

"Ophelia!"

Evelyn greeted Ophelia with a wide smile.

"I missed you..."
​​
As she tried to hug her sister, a man's strong hand stopped her.

It was Cassius.

'....'

Ophelia shut her mouth and glared at Cassus.

She was pathetic to once think that Evelyn was in love with this man in front of her. She wanted Evelyn to be with a sweet, gentleman, not a scum like Cassius, who forced a woman to marry him.

"Lord, stop it."

After hearing Evelyn's words, Cassius took a step back from Ophelia.

"...If you want."
​​
How sly the words left his mouth... Goosebumps rose up on Ophelia's skin.

"Ophelia, how have you been? Is there anything that the people here have done to you?"

"I have been well. But, sister..."

Saying that, she paused her words for a moment and looked at Evelyn. Fortunately, as if she had had a good rest, her complexion looked very good.

"I've been fine."

Evelyn grinned.

Nevertheless, Ophelia tried to find something strange in her face, but failed.

At about the same time, she also remembered the fact that she had escaped from a semi-confinement situation.

Because of that, Ophelia's face turned red.

"Sister, I'm going back now."

"Where?"