Chapter 47

Chapter 47

"Miss Ophelia, if you wish, I will give you the title."

"Yes...?"

Ophelia opened her mouth blankly and looked up at David.

My reaction was not too different from hers. What does he mean? This was out of the blue. In the first place, it was almost impossible, even if he had relatives who were his own.

"His Excellency the Duke once said that he would grant me the title of Viscount. In the past, I refused because my parents were there, but... I don't think there's any more reason to refuse."

Saying so, David smiled faintly. Looking bitter and relieved, it seemed as if he had pulled out the sick tooth that had been suffering from

On the contrary, Ophelia looked gloomy.

"How can someone like me..."

"You fool, do it."

I cut her words at once.

In fact, there was a limit to the titles the Duke could grant.

'It must be a voluntary decision without a hereditary estate.'

Therefore, it could be said that even if he is a victor, his prestige would actually be lower than that of Baron Marquell, who had a hereditary estate.

Still, it did not matter.

'Territory can just be bought with money, anyway?'

Even so, the Duke of Brudenell's money was overflowing. My personal fortune also skyrocketed because of my investment in tulips. It would be great if I could spend some of that money to help Ophelia establish herself as Viscountess.

'Those people must be a little upset.'

I smirked.

He lost his son, who was the money maker, so he would probably be rolling his feet right now. Then, what should they do?

The ship had already left.

"Really... is it okay?"

David asked back with a puzzled expression on his face when Ophelia questioned.

"Why do you think it won't be okay?"

Good job, David!

Now, Sir David did not appear as a supporting actor who was murdered by Cassius for falling in love with Ophelia in the original work, though as a genuinely caring male protagonist.

"Well, I—"

"Because you're an illegitimate child?"

David caught Ophelia's words.

"...No."

However, his eyes widened at the unexpected answer.

"Then, why?"

"Because I'm not fit to be a Viscountess..."

I bit my lip.

Why the hell does Ophelia still think of herself as insignificant? It broke my heart because I did not understand why.

"I... I'm not good at anything."

"I don't like you for what you're good at, Ophelia."

"How could you say you're not good at anything?"

I could not stand it anymore, so I abruptly intervened in their conversation.

"You're good at baking cakes, sewing, nursing, and reading. You have so many talents, what can't you do? Besides, you sing well!"