Chapter 41

Chapter 41

Theresia raised one eyebrow.

She was wondering what was going on, though it was only because of this rumor. Although it was disappointing to be swayed by the rumors, it wasn't surprising considering that Hermia wasn't that old.

With that thought, she slowly set the teacup down on the table.

It was a sign that she felt uncomfortable.

"I was wondering what it was. Was it because of such a rumor? Of course, if I had a new maid, I would have known first."

Aside from the natural fact that the person should inform herself directly, was that she had to be the daughter of a prosperous aristocrat or the wife of a powerful family in order to become the exclusive maid of the Imperial Empress.

In addition, it would take three months to just go through the proper procedures.

Even if Hermia was right, then she would have already known about it, but Theresia couldn't understand why she was speaking as if it had been confirmed.

"...It's not a rumor."

Hermia looked a bit uncomfortable... No, she also looked angry.

Seeing that, Theresia frowned slightly. Did the rumors spread that a noble maiden, whom Hermia had a bad relationship with, was coming as a maid of the Empress Palace...?

She comforted Hermia with her gentle demeanor.

"Why are you angry? Even if the rumors are true, she won't be my maid because she wanted to."

Theresia knew her own place all too well.

The derogatory name that she was the 'Scarecrow Empress' was not a mockery, but the truth.

For that reason, none of her maids were the wives of a prominent family or their daughters. Only daughters of a fallen aristocratic family in need of money, or a daughter of a semi-noble family in need of fame as the Empress's handmaiden.

The life of the Empress was so shut down that they ran out of the Empress' Palace as soon as they got married.

"Young Lady who went crazy might have wanted it."

Hermia snapped and retorted.

"Crazy...?"

Theresia asked in surprise, before frowning at the name of her that came to mind.

"No way..."

"That's the person you're thinking of. Lady Evelyn Garneid."

Theresia widened her eyes and stared at Hermia.

For a moment, she doubted her ears.

There was no one who didn't know Lady Evelyn Garneid, even though her life was closed off.

The young lady, who suddenly went crazy for no reason, had all kinds of eccentricities. Among them, the most modest thing about her was that she threw herself into the lake during the writer's tea time after being invited, so that said it all.

Is such a young girl coming in as her own exclusive maid...?

Thinking so, she carefully opened her mouth.

"Is it possible that Count Garneid did everything he could to give his daughter a suitable marriage?"

No matter how much she was a 'scarecrow,' the power of the position as the Empress' handmaiden was still powerful.

As long as Young Lady Garneid shows good performance as her maid, the image of her travels would gradually be washed away slowly.

Theresia smiled softly and added her words.