Chapter 17

‘….’

I stared at the teacup.

Even though Cassius was obsessed with Ophelia. But, anyway, she followed me so much that I became a target, too. So, there was no harm with being careful.

“I have no appetite.”

“That is too bad.”

Cassius, who uttered a short reply, savored the tea gracefully.

His long, knotted hands like a pianist moved slowly, holding the teacup.

He looked like the mythical god of beauty, but I did not fall for it easily. Because I was reading every detail of what he was doing with that beautiful face.

With my own eyes.

“…Evelyn.”

“Yes?”

Startled, I looked up at Cassius. Every word he said made me incredibly nervous.

“I would like to hear more. What misunderstanding are you making…”

I bit my lip.

“No matter what I say, you would just make an excuse for it, wouldn’t you?”

“What do you mean by excuse? I am hurt.”
​​
Cassius continued softly. “I am sure I have only told the truth.”
​​
“….”

“I will ask you again. Evelyn.”

He then leaned towards me. I could now smell the musk, which was like his body odor again.

“The reason you did not drink the tea… Is it because you really do not have an appetite?”

I licked my lips.
​​
I wanted to get out of this position right away, but the pressure from Cassius weighed on me.

“…Yes.”

Hearing my answer, his eyes narrowed slightly before opening his mouth again.

“Isn’t the reason why you did not even put it in your mouth is because you are afraid the teacup is poisoned?”
​​
“….!”

My body was naturally stiff. I was shocked and just stared at him blankly.

Because of that, Cassius let out a small laugh.

“Well, I will prove that it was just a false guess. Then…”

Saying that, he slowly took my teacup with a graceful hand.

“If I prove that it is not poisonous, please drink this tea.”

“…Yes.”
​​
There was no more room to escape.

So, I nodded.

At that, he took the teacup and took a sip. The sculpture-like turmeric moved with a small sound of water flowing.

Moments after, he put down his teacup and looked straight at me.

“What do you think? Do I look like someone who was poisoned?”

“…No.”

I replied reluctantly.

“That’s a good thing, then.”

Cassius then poured the tea into a new teacup from the teapot that the maid had left behind, before handing it to me.

I did not take the cup. Instead, I pointed to the teacup, which Cassius had taken a sip a moment ago.

“I would like to drink that.”
​​
Cassius frowned and opened his mouth.

“Are you sure?”