Chapter 27

The answer came right away.

"There was nothing going on."

"It did not look like that."

"Hey."

I looked straight at him.

"The fact that the Lord has come all the way means that the Lord's informants have found me. Didn't they tell you about my every move?"

The silence was as if he agreed to my words.

"Then, you will know. As your fiancée, I have never done anything inappropriate."

Since then, Cassius never once asked about Gabriel.

I, too, tried to get rid of the thought of him, because I knew that Gabriel would be safe that way.

'Yes, let's think about a way to waste the Duke's finances now.'

A flashing word popped into my mind.

Stock.
​​
I had never done stocks before, but I knew at least that it was not for everyone.

In fact, the reason I did not even go near the stock market was because of my cousin.

My cousin took the money he did not have and invested it in stocks, though he failed and went bankrupt in less than a year.

Why, isn't there such a saying...?

If you want to own one hundred million in stock, you have to invest two hundred million.

I smiled brightly.

This was the best way to waste money.

If I lost Duke Brudenell's fortune in stocks, Cassius would be disappointed with me. Naturally, the obsession with me will disappear, too.

'Something like stocks... What is it...?'

There is no easy way to buy and sell stocks in a world without restructuring. Of course, if I borrow the power of the Duke, creating the world's first joint-stock company would not be a hassle...

Though such a big move will soon be blocked.

With that thought, I made up my mind. Even without stocks, the concept of investment will exist. Since human history and investment have always been together.

'I need to invest.'

It was also an event that is bound to fail!

I rang her bell and called the maid.

"Guide me to the study."

"Study... Is that what you say?"

The maid seemed anxious.

Not surprisingly, the reason I looked through the documents at the Duke of Brudenell was because I had no choice but to think about how to waste more money.

Of course, she must be anxious.

"Yes. Right now."

However, unfortunately, I could not go to the library because the Duchess's handmaiden visited.

" Lady of Garneid, the Duchess has invited you to tea time."

"...When?"

"Right Now."

The maid, who apparently had a higher status than me, smiled mischievously.
​​
At that moment, I had a gut feeling.

The fact that this was the beginning of what is often said to be a 'common married life.'

'Was it like this in the novel...?'

I frowned, trying to figure out if Ophelia had ever been married in the original story.