Chapter 57

Chapter 57

Occasionally, Cassius Brudenell would think... He does not know if there was a center in this world, though his own center was Evelyn Garneid. That was why she was so important to him. However, it seemed that they did not notice at all.

So when he stumbled upon idiots who talked about Evelyn, he could not pass it up.

"I heard that Count Garneid's Young Lady is crazy, but I guess she's more revealing than she looks?"

"What a shame. I should've asked for a marriage, too."

Looking at it roughly, it seems that their family is wealthy, although they played and ate without much power. He could not remember his name, so it was not particularly an exceptional family.

"Arthur, do you want to live your life married to a crazy girl like that?"

Cassius's eyes narrowed coldly. The familiar yet bizarre emotions rumbled deep in his chest. No... it was more of an impulse than an emotion. He wants to tear these people to shreds alive. If that were the case, then no one would ever put Evelyn's name in their mouths again.

However, he could not.

It was not because he was afraid of the backlash that their petty parents would utter.

'...Evelyn would hate it.'

No matter how good a gift was, it was meaningful only if the person concerned liked it.

It has been almost half a year since he had known Evelyn Garneid. After various trials and errors, Cassius knew her quite well. She was so tenderhearted that it was difficult for her to see anyone who had harmed her suffer—even if it was just fair punishment.

Was that all?

Even when he gave her all kinds of expensive gifts, she did not show much liking. In fact, there were certain instances where Evelyn was visibly delighted.

Ophelia.

At every word of her sister, the ungrateful, insignificant illegitimate child, Evelyn used to smile, a smile she never showed himself. Whenever that happened, Cassius had to suppress his urge to twist the neck of Ophelia.

The reason he could not, of course, was Evelynn.

Because Evelyn hates it, and he would never be forgiven by her again. It also meant that the hopes that he would one day win her heart would be shattered, too.

So, now as well...

'I will have to deal with it out of sight.'

Cassius hid himself in the shadows and quietly learned their faces. Regardless, Evelyn does not even know who they were, so he would be able to deal quietly as long as he does not offend her.

'...What is Evelyn doing now?'

Naturally, Cassius' thoughts shifted to the most important woman in the world.

The Imperial Palace was not far from here. Even though he would not be able to go in person, he would be able to call her out.

'She probably does not like it.'

The bitter thoughts came to mind whenever he thought of how Evelyn would feel.

"Lord Cassius!"

It was Princess Hermia.

Seeing that, Cassius frowned.

Recently, Evelyn and Princess Hermia seemed to have become quite close, but he was also not very happy with this situation.