Chapter 37

Chapter 37

Only then did I understand what Cassius's words earlier meant.

Both the Imperial Princes and Princesses were attending the wedding proposal, including the Crown Prince...

What noble would dare to not attend such an event?

At best, it would have been the second-in-command of the Empire, Duchess of Brudenell. However, since they were the planners of today's event, the seats were to be filled unconditionally.

"Lord, there was no need to do this..."

I whispered softly into Cassius's ear.

"There was."

Though he replied with a frown on his face and added, "Because you do not know how they will bother you."

"Even if this was a threat-"

"Do I look that foolish?"

Cassius snorted.

"I just gave them a reason why they had no choice but to come here. So, they all came."

For a moment, I thought that I might be resentful for having just summoned them to a place like this, but I did not say anything else. It was because it was too difficult to accept the current situation.

The Imperial members of the Imperial Family were notorious for their high self-esteem and strong character. Especially among them...

'Princess Hermia.'

Just thinking about her name made my mouth dry.

...That was because she was the main villain in the original novel.

Princess Hermia was raised as the youngest daughter with plenty of cuteness, though in her power hierarchy, she was far behind her older brothers. It was difficult to seize power within the Imperial Family, which has already been occupied by all her older brothers.

So, The solution that Princess Hermia found was Cassius Brudenell.

At the right age for marriage, and as cruel as herself, she would do anything for success.

Of course, she thought she could be the perfect match for him.

The problem was that in the original novel, Cassius was passionately obsessed with the Count's illegitimate daughter.

Angry at the fact that she has been pushed away because of the illegitimate child, who was not even a noble lady, Hermia used all her means to harm Ophelia. And, because she had no power or ability, Ophelia had no choice but to be swayed to and fro by her bullying.

And the result was...

'Obviously, it was a downfall.'

When Cassius learned what the evil Hermia had done to Ophelia, he literally went crazy. To be honest, from the reader's point of view, I thought about what she did to Ophelia, but I could not think of much. Still, there was no reason to correct the main character.

In the end, Hermia was stripped of her princess status and exiled to the barren northern lands.

The last line about her in the novel was that Cassius cut off all her Imperial support and that she was living a life that was not as good as that of a commoner.

'I hope she will not harm me like she did to Ophelia...'

Ophelia was an illegitimate child, but I am the heir to Count Garneid.

It meant that no matter how much she was a princess, I could not just be treated rudely.

Nevertheless, Hermia's evil deeds in the original story continued to flash in front of my eyes. The original story did not change easily, so now, Hermia must also be aiming for Cassius.