Chapter 49

Chapter 49

"Uh..."

I was speechless for a moment.

"Well, wouldn't it be nice to give some to David when you're baking it?"

"Of course, I also baked David's favorite cookies, too!"

Oh, I see.

I sighed inwardly.

For a moment, I had a terrible thought that Ophelia liked me so much that she was abandoning David. Fortunately, it did not seem like that would happen.

And so, our own tea party went amicably.

"I thought it would be better for you to choose the furniture for the newlyweds yourself. I've collected the latest catalogues, so take it to the Duke's house later."

"I didn't know what to do, but I can't believe my sister prepared it like this... I was so moved."

While Ophelia was diligently looking through the catalog, I gave her some advice, recalling the furniture used at the County and the Duke's residence.

"These low tables look pretty, although they take up a lot of space and are inconvenient to use."

"Really? I like this. What do you think?"

"Hmm, this is the first time I've seen this... I'm going to mark it up and then go see it in person with David next time."

I was having so much fun I lost track of time, though this had to come to an end. It was because the time had come for Ophelia to return.

Ophelia's cheerful voice filled the small room.

"Today was so great. Can we meet again?"

"Of course."

I nodded my head vigorously.

The mere fact that I could meet her in a place where there was no Duke's supervision seemed to take my breath away.

"I'll take you to the carriage."

Saying so, I got up from my seat.

Of course, even though I could have a maid, I wanted to delay departing with Ophelia even a little.

'Oh, I forgot that—'

Ophelia, who would now be the Viscountess, will need various accessories. Obviously, David would have to buy it himself. Nonetheless, I still wanted to give her a few matching gifts from me, her sister.

"Wait a minute, let's stop by my room for a moment and then go."

At that, Ophelia opened her eyes wide.

"Why?"

"You'll know when you reach there."

I smiled brightly.

I was already feeling happy when I thought of gifting jewelry that would suit her much better than me.

As I was on my way to the room assigned to me with Ophelia, the Empress's kind voice could be heard.

"Princess Hermia, how many times do I have to tell you? There is nothing I can do."

"Couldn't you just restrict Young Lady Garneid from going out?"

The Princess's chirping voice echoed through the hallway.

My body hardened on its own.

Ophelia, too, did not make a single breath as if she had grasped the situation.