Chapter 40

Chapter 40

It is said that when people are too surprised, they do not think of anything.

I was just like that now.

"Yes...?"

I answered, staring at Gabian DeViro stupidly.

"Hmm, I know what the Young Lady is thinking."

Gabian smiled confidently and added, "But, I have ears good enough to hear how great the Young Ladies song was composed."

Saying so, he then tapped his ear lightly.
​​
"That's ridiculous."

Having barely regained consciousness, I immediately stopped Gabian.

I didn't know why he was doing this, but geniuses were usually a little crazy. Maybe, he was just trying to ridicule me more because he had a vengeance after receiving a terror on his eardrum just now.

If I suddenly believed Gabian's words and said, 'Oh, really? All right!' I would definitely be ridiculed by the entire social world.

...Well, it seemed like I was already being laughed at enough.

"Young Lady, do you doubt me?"

Gabian asked with his eyes wide open as if he was wrongly accused.

"Yes."

I replied simply.

It was because I didn't want to talk to someone who tried to mock me for a long time.

"What can I do for you to believe me?"

Seeing my reaction, he muttered with a sad face. It sounded like there was a lot of sincerity in his voice, though I ignored it and walked away.

"Young Lady Garneid, I will not give up because I know how genius that song is. The Young Lady must know about it, too, right?"

My feet stopped on their own.

Yes, the song I sang was the theme song of 〈 The Phantom of the Opera 〉 If Gabian was truly a genius, it was understandable why he thought so.

I turned back slowly.

"I don't know how to write sheet music."

"It doesn't matter. I will take care of everything."

"I could only remember the melody. You'll have to fill in the rest, will that be all right?"

"Could a genius like him do that much?"

After all, it should be said that Gabian DeViro was self-praising enough that it could make others' faces heated from embarrassment.

"...Do as you please."

"Hooray-!"

At my approval, he raised his arms up in a flash. When people's attention was focused on us, he shouted out loud.

"Everyone, let me tell you some exciting news! The Young Lady allowed me to organize and publish Young Lady Garneid's genius song."

People's reactions were worth seeing.

At first, they thought it was a joke and burst into laughter, but when they saw Gabian was making a serious declaration, the atmosphere became serious.

Moreover, the surprise was not over yet...

"Young Lady Garneid may be a bit inferior to singers in her singing ability, but she seems to have a talent for composing."

"Come to think of it, I also thought that the previous song was very impressive."