Chapter 63

"Huh...? Is it just in case you know the name? It's Viscount Stien!"

It felt like the blood all over my body was cooling off. Fortunately, it was not Cassius Brudenell. Nonetheless, I could not be reassured.

Because...

"As expected, she's my fiancée, of course. She's so lovely."

"...Still, I think she needs to practice singing a bit. What was that?"

It was because the conversation I had accidentally heard at the wedding proposal came to mind. Viscount Stien was a friend of his who attended the wedding proposal and had a rather friendly conversation with Cassius.

As the silence grew longer, Meg's voice frantically hurled questions.

"What's the matter? Was it the aristocrat you saw before? How was he? Talk to me!"

"...I don't know. I'm hearing this name for the first time."

"Well, the Capital is wide like they said. Are you done eating that, by the way?"

Saying that, Meg reached out to the apple for dessert.

I shook my head and pushed the apple to her. After all, my appetite had run away from the moment I heard that a nobleman was coming.

'I have to do something...'

I bit my lip.

It was only at the wedding proposal ceremony that Viscount Stien saw my face. Still, it would not be too difficult to recognize me again.

'I should not have left a strong impression...'

A sigh came out on its own. However, in this situation, I could not just sit still.

"Marina, where are you going?"

"I'm going to take a break."

"Okay. Thanks for the apple!"

Leaving behind the cheerful Meg without knowing my heart, I quickly exited the dining room and headed for the hall alone. Meanwhile, my head was busy spinning.

'...I cannot say I am quitting.'

In fact, if it was not for the advantage of being able to borrow Marina's identity, I would have quit right away. Although I could not completely abandon the great advantage of avoiding Viscount Stien.

...So, there was only one way I could choose.

* * *

"What...? Vacation? No."

The head maid firmly shook her head. At that, I was a little flustered and glanced away. Even though I already thought it would not work, I did not think I would be rejected so quickly like this.

But, I was not the one to give up.

"When the vacation is over, I'll double my work. It's okay if I don't have a holiday at all. So..."

"You don't understand me. That's not going to solve the problem."

"Then, what is it?"

"...."

The maid squinted her eyes and looked at me before opening her mouth, "You're not as sensible as you look?"

"Don't tell me..."

"Yes, I'll tell you. When you touched the butler's cousin, I thought you'd prepared for it, but you hadn't thought of it at all."

I had nothing to say. In fact, it was true that I kicked him without much thought at all.